Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA reward flight sale - 50% off Avios price

BA have launched a reward flight sale and it includes Buisness and First Class as well as Premium and Economy.

Only pay 50% of the normal Avios price.

Offer booking date ends 30 June 2021 but it's a good deal
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh that is a good deal. I don’t know where to book though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Works with the 2 for 1 companion vouchers too 😃.

Book until October 13th for flights up to June 30th.

Grabbed first class to Miami in March for 85k plus £1333.94 total for the 2 of us with a voucher. Chances are we won’t go but it’s only £70 to cancel.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Works with the 2 for 1 companion vouchers too 😃.

Book until October 13th for flights up to June 30th.

Grabbed first class to Miami in March for 85k plus £1333.94 total for the 2 of us with a voucher. Chances are we won’t go but it’s only £70 to cancel.
Let's hope that LHR T3 has re-opened by March for your flight because if it has and BA move Miami flights backover you won't get to use the Concorde Lounge(if that's open by then too). Fingers crossed for you.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I now admit to an impulse buy of 2 club returns to Tampa in May. 62000 Avios and £1290, Happy to take the risk and cancel for £70 loss. Not booking any accomodation yet.

Wait and see.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I am thinking of booking two sets of flights (different places) and hoping I can go on one of them and will cancel the other.

I am not going to use a companion voucher though, the offer is effectively a free companion voucher so I am going to save the one I have as it is valid until 2022.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am thinking of booking two sets of flights (different places) and hoping I can go on one of them and will cancel the other.

I am not going to use a companion voucher though, the offer is effectively a free companion voucher so I am going to save the one I have as it is valid until 2022.
Good idea
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Think I’m doing something wrong. I need four seats, been looking at economy. I know it’s not the “best use” but hey if it saves us money.

So off peak dates in May keeps coming up at 130,000 plus £590, is that the discounted price? I thought the regular amount is 32,500 for an economy seat return?

Is it only certain dates I wonder, I’ve tried various dates around May and can’t find any lower. I’m sure we won’t be able to go anyway so I’ll stop looking now.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Think I’m doing something wrong. I need four seats, been looking at economy. I know it’s not the “best use” but hey if it saves us money.

So off peak dates in May keeps coming up at 130,000 plus £590, is that the discounted price? I thought the regular amount is 32,500 for an economy seat return?

Is it only certain dates I wonder, I’ve tried various dates around May and can’t find any lower. I’m sure we won’t be able to go anyway so I’ll stop looking now.
There is a problem with ba.com quoting correctly for Economy at the moment apparently.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
There is a problem with ba.com quoting correctly for Economy at the moment apparently.
Ooh thank you, will have another look tomorrow.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List