Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Key West to ban cruise ships.

thepointsguy/news/key-west-cruise-ship-ban/

Sad for the cruisers but a victory for Key West, it has ruined the area.
Old 5 Nov 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

More and more ports are starting to think this way ,Venice being the main . I cant say I blame them really as they are crowding the place, but it will be so bad for the local economy losing all the revenue
Weve been to key west and venice on a big ship, so I know where they are coming from. In fact last time we stayed onboard in venice because we had been before, and that day there were 6 ships in that we could see. Just couldnt face the crowds
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree they look horrible docked in KW. Victory for the locals.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe if they just restricted the number it would also help the locals who depend on the cruise trade to survive.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

It's the locals that want rid of them.
Old 6 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I can see why.
When we were on a cruise which included Key West we actually docked at a military base a distance away and were taken in to Key West by a little land train. We loved the little trip in - Passing chickens in the road and the driver giving us all a little info session!

When we were in Key West and had gone to Margaritaville on the front I did think how the usual dock there seemed to be a little bit too close to the town. There was no ship docked there but I imagined how it would look with a huge ship there.

(Awww flip! I'm thinking about Key West now! Loved Ley West by the way, had a great time and are planning a few days there to see it all properly and at leisure! Beautiful - The sea was the palest blue I have ever ever seen! )

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We spent the first week of our honeymoon there. It was amazing would love to go back one day too.
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We have sailed into Key West once...and it was also into the Military base and seemed fine...a couple of years later when we done a transatlantic on the Disney Magic..we got off in Miami and drove down to Key West and she was there in the port...with another big ship...they looked too big for the port and so many people.
We also love Key West and was meant to go back this year on the Magic again..but Covid stopped it...and Trump stopped us going on a cruise to Cuba...I think it will be a long time before anyone cruises again.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Very misleading title tut tut.

They are only banning cruise ships over 1300 passengers.