Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Nov 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Well done to you Hexagon for asking for help. whether its a chat to us, your dad and his partner or your medical team, keep talking, were all here for you.

Everyone is finding life very difficult right now, so you are not alone in finding your fears are too much at the moment. Sadly, medical services are stretched and its getting harder to get the help. Im pleased your dads partner rang to see when you are likely to get your appointment, hopefully that will help and you will hear soon.

In the meantime, please keep taking your meds, you may feel they arent helping and they may need adjustment but its better to continue with them until you can see the doctor and ask if you feel they arent working for you. Also, continue to talk to us and your dad. Try to get out in the fresh air each day for a walk, I find that really helps me. Also, try to find three things a day that makes you happy, I know you did that before. Come back here and tell us your three, and we can tell you ours if you want. No pressure, if you dont want to try it or just dont want to do it each day thats fine. But it may help you. It can be as simple as a cup of coffee in the morning, clean sheets on your bed or a cute animal photo, all of these make me smile.

Stay strong Hexagon, youve come a long way since last year and this year is not normal for anyone so its going to be a challenge. I do hope you get your appointment through soon and get some help from the medical team too 🤗
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Disney daffodil has put it so well. xx

Lets see and share some lovely animal pics too. xxx
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hexagon make sure you take your tablets. My dad has a similar problem and the medication together with help made him better. We dont know what meds you are on, but medical help is the way to getting better. Make sure you speak to your doctor ASAP.
Recognising you have an issue again is a big part of getting better so you have done the difficult bit.
Take care.
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep taking the meds, I really hope things get better for you soon 🤗
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

You are so brave and strong. You have asked for help which proves how strong you are, and you have taken your meds which shows such courage.

I hope you get to speak to someone Tuesday , but make sure you keep talking in here x
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

Dont know the right things to say just hope you get the help you need soon as possible wishing you well keep talking x
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

As YorkshireT says, the mere fact you recognise there is a problem then you are halfway to solving it!
You have the strength to get thru this as we, & you, have seen before.
You just need to see your professional & get those meds adjusted.
As my old doctor used to say "it's all trial & error, & sadly it is you who has to trial & error it"
We are all with you, you are most certainly NOT alone. Just keep calm tell any voices to p### off & keep reminding yourself this will soon be sorted.
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Go to A&E and get help now. Don't wait. You don't know if you psychiatrist will be working next week and there is help there ready and waiting. There has been a lot of mental health services come into force lately. 111 even do a service if you don't want to go A&E
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Just wanted to chip in and send a virtual hug to you. Keep the meds going and if it helps, think of the voices as annoying little gremlins that can be captured and put back into their cages (or cornish pixies if you're a harry potter fan) and steps to do that may be some of the actions suggested here, keeping talking, looking for little positives etc. We're all here with you.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
Go to A&E and get help now. Don't wait. You don't know if you psychiatrist will be working next week and there is help there ready and waiting. There has been a lot of mental health services come into force lately. 111 even do a service if you don't want to go A&E
I agree with this.
Please get help now, don't wait. If you're feeling this bad, there may be, no there WILL be, at least SOMEthing that can make things easier until your psychiatrist can get to see you. Good luck! Hang in there!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List