Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Gatwick for me. Heathrow is actually closer but I can't drive and can get a direct train to Gatwick. I can't to Heathrow.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I think its above ground...not 100% tho

Disney332
It's above atmosphere! Needs to be a rocket to make that distance in four minutes 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I am marginally closer to Heathrow in mileage, however I prefer the driving route to Gatwick, it doesn’t tend to be quite as busy.

But on the whole I am not really bothered. I don’t normally have the option anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m wondering the exact same thing right now. I think it depends on two things easy of getting there and price. Gatwick is about 45 mins drive for me Heathrow about an hour. Gatwick is easier though as it’s straight down the M23 rather than round the M25 and the queues are a little more predictable and a little less worrying! That said I’m pricing up now and Heathrow is cheaper. I reckon for only a £30-£40 saving I might still choose Gatwick for an easier drive on the way home. Over £50 I think I’d definitely choose Heathrow.

I’m having a similar internal debate at the other end MCO or Tampa? Again I think the cheapest will win.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Mickey we did Tampa in February, but staying in Orlando. We thought Tampa was easier and as it’s quicker to get through the airport, the time was roughly the same as flying in to MCO. We would now choose either of those airports and pick purely on which was cheaper.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

I prefer Gatwick due to the long stay parking right next to Hilton even though it's a longer drive,
But I booked Heathrow today due to it being cheaper with BA than Gatwick not sure why, and the fact virgin now moved to Heathrow anyway.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We live really close to lhr, but even if the distance and price were the same I would say T5 lhr.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

From Nottingham Heathrow would be closest.

Heathrow for us as it’s closer, the drive back from Gatwick would be awful for us. We usually fly indirect from Heathrow but pleased we now have the option of virgin direct flights too 😊 .
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Gatwick is much closer for me and means I don't have to play M25 roulette.

However, as a fairly frequent business traveller, my choice would generally be Heathrow over Gatwick. Gatwick is too retail focussed and I find it always stupidly hot in there.

That said, while I really like flying out of Heathrow T5 and T2, I don't like T3 as I find it cramped and dark with very few seating areas.

Still, could be worse - could be Manchester T3 which is one of the worst terminals I have ever had the misfortune to use on a regular basis!
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Heathrow for us as we have no connecting flights via Gatwick from our local Airport in Scotland. Hopefully the Heathrow flights stay as it so much easier than transferring airports in London.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List