Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

What is the weirdest conversation you have had with a stranger?

Many years ago I was sat on a bench at HS waiting for the family as they were on a ride. An elderly American gentleman came to sit next to me and we got chatting. He asked me where I was from and it turns out that he was in the American forces in WW2 and was stationed less than 4 miles from where I grew up. I even remember my dad telling me that as kids they would hang around the camp entrance and ask them 'got any gum chum?', as they used to give out chewing gum to the kids.
What are the chances of that happening.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

This isn't my story, it happened to my Auntie. She grew up in West Cumbria, and emigrated to Canada in her early 20's. She moved around a lot, with her husband's job, and finally settled in Vancouver. She was sitting on a park bench one day, in her neighbourhood, and started chatting to the woman sat next to her. It turns out that they had grown up just one street away from each other, and my auntie went to school with the woman's sister.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

mine was a couple of years ago on test track - the person sat next to me grew up in the house i was living in
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

We got talking to a couple in Epcot once at one of the food and wine carts.
Turns out they used to live in one of our old houses, one after us of course
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Way back in the mid 70's I was with my parents and we pulled in to a Motel in Massachusetts. My Dad was checking us in and the Manager said 'nice Welsh accent'

Two mins later after a bit of where you from etc it turned out my Dad parked his car outside this Guys Mums house every day!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

These stories are incredible! It just goes to show that it really is a small world after all
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by dizzy1 View Post
These stories are incredible! It just goes to show that it really is a small world after all
Oh no. Not that ride!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have a couple of strange ones that relate to my dog.

The first was we were at a Horse riding event as my husband was competing, and I had Max on a lead with me, he will have been about 16 weeks old.
There was a row of market stalls, and one fella had made some lovely bits of bric a brac ornaments out of old horse shoes, and it was all really cheap. I went over and had a look, and decided I wanted a candle holder and a wine rack, so asked Max to sit whilst I got my purse out, and surprisingly enough for him, he did sit patiently and wait for me. 😂
Well this stallholder was obsessed, and spent ages talking to the puppy, which isn’t unusual I know as 16 week old puppies are very cute. But then decided to start telling me that ‘he had been here before’ and was definitely human in a past life. Told me to read James Herberts book Fluke and then look my dog in the eyes. It rather spooked me as he seemed so normal before...

Also we live on a little side street of terraces, off a big main road of terraces mixed in with some shops on the corners, NW industrial type housing.
One of the shops my husband runs, and we live about a 5 min walk away.
So one day I was walking down this street, when a man came out of the Londis. Came up to me and was quite rude ‘oh you have a lead on him today do you’? Pardon I said. He said ‘you need to be more careful with your dog, he was on his own walking down the street yesterday..’ I assured him it couldn’t have been Max, but he was adamant, and so I scurried off.
I had been at work ‘yesterday’ but I left him locked in the house, and when I came back he was still locked in the house...

Few weeks later I was out walking him again, and a lady walked past, ‘oh it’s the little escape artist’... pardon.. ‘oh it makes you sick when they get out doesn’t it’... I explained again that he hadn’t got out, she apologised but looked confused. I explained that there is one other black lab in the area, called Dougie, who is the same age and does look similar so it could have been him.
Cue not long later, who did I bump into but Dougie’s Dad Steve who knows my husband. Oh he says to Max, ‘you did give me a fright when I saw you trotting past my window bold as brass, I thought Dougie had got out’
What? !
I’ve never seen another black lab around... and so I now have visions of me leaving of a morning to go to work, Max casually unlocking the back gate (we have a dog flap) taking himself off for a walk, coming back in, locking it all neatly behind him. And then pretending to be asleep on the sofa when I get in 😂😂😂
I would be inclined to believe it, except for when I told my husband he quite rightly pointed out that if he were walking down the next street that he would quite likely pop into see my husband for a sausage 😂😂
Old 10 Nov 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

My sister got married in in a little village in Queensland, Australia. She was talking to her wedding officiant after the ceremony and it turns out they both went to the same primary school in Liverpool and remembered a lot of the same teachers.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I was on a plane from Alice Springs to Cairns and sat next to an English couple. We exchanged names and had a bit of a chat about Australia but nothing about our home lives.

When I got back to work my manager told me that the English couple were friends of his ! Turns out they also lived opposite the secondary school Where I spent the last year.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List