Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi have another look at the photo
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I really want to try the new A330 but we're on the 300 not 200 so have the old configuration. First world problems
We were on the A330-300 going out but it was the later flight which we only chose because there weren’t seats left in UC on the earlier one. DH looked this morning and the seats we wanted - the love seats at the front - on the VS75 early flight were available, so we have now changed. A few more hours in our happy place!

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Angcap View Post
They serve wine by the glass but I always like to take one of the small bottles to my destination for when I need a wine fix mid holiday (don’t like to buy a big bottle as hubby doesn’t drink and it ends up rancid before I finish it). So I apologetically asked if I could have a mini bottle from PE to take with me. With a HUGE smile they came back with 8 (4 red 4 white) “Have a great holiday, it’s been a pleasure to serve you”.

The staff are wonderful so make sure you treat them well, they really are excited for you if it’s your first time 😀. Have a great time
That’s a fab piece of advice I’d never have thought off. I’ll definitely do that on our first class flight! 😁 I just hope they don’t think I’m a cheeky madam for doing it, but those little bottles would come in very handy during the holiday.

Just to add. I’ve done a bit of research on the new 330-200 upper layout and booked row 5a & 5k (for my teens) as apparently the window seats are great and also the two “love” seats 5-E&F in the middle for myself and Dh. we’ve also booked similar but row 3-a,e,f&k on the return as to not be near the toilets. When I booked the flights, both the earlier and later one was available and I chose the earlier one because of the new refurbished layout as it suited our family set up better and looked nice.

Can’t wait!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When are you hoping to go Tom? We're booked for March. Yes, I know thats probably hilarious I like my fantasy world though
We have a quickie in March going PE. That may get ditched if the borders aren't open. Time will tell.

All of May going UC

Mid Aug to mid Sept going UC

Currently awaiting return flight dates for Mid Oct to early Nov as we are taking the Granddaughter again. That will be PE albeit I have 3 vouchers I may use so prices will determine what we do.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Before CV Virgin were on the verge of opening a new Clubhouse in Manchester so hopefully it will be open when you travel. The terminal was closed when the original lockdown happened and at the moment no definite re-opening date yet.
Fingers crossed because when I asked VH about the lounge they genuinely didn't know what they would use for UC

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have a quickie in March going PE. That may get ditched if the borders aren't open. Time will tell.

All of May going UC

Mid Aug to mid Sept going UC

Currently awaiting return flight dates for Mid Oct to early Nov as we are taking the Granddaughter again. That will be PE albeit I have 3 vouchers I may use so prices will determine what we do.
You're March too then. Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed for that trip!

We're also going mid October into early November, we may end up on the same flight! Got a Disney cruise booked for the start and then 2 weeks at the Poly. Definitely more confident about that one! Hoping we get a good deal for those dates as the March ones were a bargain! Can't see them being that cheap again though
Old 24 Nov 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Fingers crossed because when I asked VH about the lounge they genuinely didn't know what they would use for UC
The VS staff won't know when Manchester T2 will open yet or even if the new Clubhouse will be ready when it does. So it is a case of fingers crossed and hope for the best and expect the worst.

Oh the joys of Covid travel.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
OP - You must try a Virgin Readhead Cocktail

Disney332
This. And many of them! Delicious!
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm intrigued by this cocktail... 🤔
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I'm intrigued by this cocktail... 🤔
It’s very sweet, a bit too sweet for me but we have one as our first drink in the Clubhouse now

I am so so tempted to book some flights for March but I just can’t see them happening 🧐 But so very tempted!

OP have an absolutely amazing time!
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List