Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 11, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Ooh a busy morning on the thread!

Amy, well done you for exercising twice yesterday! Really made up for what you missed out on!

Alex, if you need the meds, you need the meds! Try to incorporate the carbs into your diet but the plan seems to be working for you irrespective so well done for getting back on track!

Rach, love that dress! Sort of thing I think I'll get for my sister but I'm hoping she'll lose some weight first as like you I'd prefer to get it from the high street soI can be sure of fit than anything! Let me know how you get on! How irritating about the bomb scare!

Liz, well done you on having such a productive day! I really really hate gardening, gives me such a bad back! Mind you, my studying has made my neck and back hurt! I bet it was lovely to be out in the sun!

So today I started my day with rusks (3), don't know what I'm having for lunch but something light I suspect as I'm going to Harvester for dad's bday at about 4pm...I'm planning on having chicken and salad and keeping starch to a minimum...definitely not chips in any case! JP if they have any at the most! And no pudding!

Matt's a tesco now, I've done the ironing and a bit of tidying up so I'm going to do a bit of studying now before I go out.

I'm wearing a maxi dress today from the Geri range at Next (blue with pink flowers on)...it's so flattering and comfy, I love summer! Need to get a better strapless bra though I think!

Ciao xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Woohoo! Well done Kim, that's fantastic. Not surprised you are proud of yourself. That was a lot of temptation.

I've had my lunch - turkey salad sandwich and leek and potato soup. Am fully expecting to STS or even add a pound of two with the reintroduction of carbs, but it should level off. Means I can be more active, so think it will be the best thing in the long run.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Posted at same Nat. Can highly recommend the ultimate strapless wonderbra - works better than any other I've tried.

I have gardening because of the creepy crawlies and had to give up on the front garden after I disturbed a woodlouse family. The back was just pulling bits from between cracks, so didn't see any. Lots of sweeping and raking and have a massive blister on my thumb

What rusks do you have? Are they like farleys rusks? Used to love them! Have fun today.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi girls,
Love the dresses Rach, very pretty and perfect for a Florida wedding. Thanks for the business advice and encouragement I'm hoping it's definatley something we can have a go at, Alex is coming up with more and more strands to the idea so we will try. I guess now we are both in our 30s we are thinking well it's now or never, although having a baby whilst trying to start a fitness business is not the best of planning Alex just says that it's a normal part of life and it will do him well to learn how to be healthy and fit during pregnancy too and in turn will allow him to then help others.

Nat, well done on your study and hope you have fun today down at the Neptune, nice day for it. Rusks, lol, like the baby biscuits?! Hehe I remember thinking how much I used to love them and buying a packet and thinking they were awful, soggy goey things that stuck to the roof of your mouth. Is that the same things? Good luck for Wednesday.

Amy, well done on your restraint with food and drink and well done on catching up with the exercise. Could you study outside?

Alex, thanks for the marketing info. Very interesting. Especially what you said about door to door, that seems an obvious way of marketing but when you think about it if most people are like me they will just chuck out most flyers without even Reading them so it's interesting point you made. In terms of the schools, did you tech kids as well as adults then?
Good news on the food and weight, it is handy when you can eat anything anytime - who said you can't have cheeseburger pie for brekki?! Lol.

Liz, you sound like you had a mammoth gardening day yesterday! Wanna come do mine?! I just can't stand the bugs that's my trouble. I like being out doors but I have to have a purpose if that makes sense and I'm terribly lazy so if I can wriggle out of it I will. BBQ sounds great, love bbqs but I have to rely on others doing them for us sadly. One of thaws days we will have a big private garden. Maybe when we are rich from running our fitness company!
Your lunch sound lovely I love Potato and leek soup, we had it at our wedding.

Well I've done NOTHING today, totally wasted my day doing nothing. I had big plans to go running as you know but then I got up late and was too tired. I did buy some proper running trousers so I will have to use them. I feel really a funny way out today, sometimes with me it's like Ive got the opposite of that sad thing cause I really don't like summer much at all. I only like it if I'm in Orlando. Trouble is all this sun just makes me feel like I should be out doing something but then I really can't be assed to do it. I thought I might just go and sit in my garden but the kids are out to the right on their trampoline which would annoy the absolute he'll out if me, plus they are really whiny kids and frequenty cry and the other side is gardening so it's noisy out side and not tranquil. Then I thought be might go for a walk as I discovered a walkway behind mum and dads but I just cannot be bothered to go and get ready I really am so lazy. So I've done nothing at all, right now I'm sat in the lounge in my jarmies still and Alex and all the cats are napping on the sofa next to me. Think I prolly should go do some exercise. Oddly I can hear a baby crying and no one round here has babies, must be a visitor.
I'm well fed up today. :-(
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Am exercising now so feel a little brighter. Sorry about my moaning post! Will try and get some sun later outdoors really should as everyone else is out.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Kel - that is exactly how I get. I often feel like I 'should' be doing something and end up feeling like I'm a completely lazy person and feel bad about myself. Sometimes it helps to say 'I should be relaxing today!'

I sometimes think I make myself miserable with all my internal 'shoulds' so am trying to stop myself. At our old house, it was on a typical new estate, with loads of kids. The house across the street had a child who literally spent all day screaming. Don't know if there was something wrong with the child, but even so, surely the Parents should not allow their child to scream incessantly on a Sunday afternoon. The worst of it was they had their door shut happily sitting inside and not hearing the noise. Lazy parenting.

I can't abide inconsiderate neighbours. Thankfully we have a business one side of our house and there is no noise at all hours outside of standard office hours. It's a grain company. Then massive fields at the back and there are only 8 houses alongside, so not much noise. Think all our trees mask noise too. I'd do as you do otherwise! We often laze on a Sunday, napping and watching telly. Dan is out in the garden and I've popped in to watch telly as was getting too hot out there.

Old 10 Apr 11, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Liz,
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like this. This is what it's like round here, new estate loads of kids. When we bought our house it was off plan but I was told that the gardens would have solid fencing and so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Right at the back we face trees and woodland which is sloped so we don't have anyone over looking us at the back, the problem is when you are out in the garden, they slope back towards the houses and so when you are sat on the grass you are facing the house if that makes sense but you are kinda elevated. The problem is two fold first off these are all three story houses with lounges on the 2nd floor and all the lounges have double doors with mini balconies so when it's hot, everyone opens their lounge doors, cause they are elevated no level of fencing is going to stop neighbours seeing into your garden. Next problem is the fencing is not solid, it has gaps, it's panel fencing so you can see straight through it. To be fair we've all done our best, my neighbours to the right have put screening up half way and we've got connifers up along the left hand side which give quite a degree of privacy. Before buying the houses my right hand neighbours paid out for extra high fencing up ti 6.5ft and the builders must have got confused or something and put 6.5ft all around the gardens so the fencing is higher than me and thankfully means I can't actually see them bouncing on their trampoline, I can hear it. Trouble is that as the house wasn't built I didn't appreciate the fact that from the lounge it doesn't matter how high or solid your fence is they can see straight in. As a result we can only really sit on the patio close to the house as the grass is just too exposed but obviously when the sun moves a three story house does a good job of covering it up. I do love my house but the garden is a pain.
Anyway I'm still going on my bike! 100 mins exact.
X
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 10 Apr 11, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Woohoo - good going on the bike. I think that a lot of people bought off plan with houses and they say anything to convince you to sign up. It's really hard to envisage what something will look like. The houses are always lovely. I nearly bought one a few years back. Good job I didn't anyway, as split up with ex and it was miles away from family.
It's a shame for you though, as it's nice to get out if you like the space. Our problem is that we always say we are going to do things - i.e. gardening and never get round to it. Our last garden was private, but pretty horrible because we made no effort with it. Plus the cat run wasn't a nice looking structure and took up half of it. However, it was lovely for them to be out when we were. It was quite small too, so we could even bring them out with us and keep an eye on them (until Trin thought it would be fun to go under the decking and refused to come out.)
Here, it's massive and like a woodland, with so many trees, that they could go anywhere or climb up a tree. We need to get an arborist in really as we've managed to get a few trees down, but the roots are too deep. Dan is out now having just taken one down. I literally cannot bend down after yesterday - so unsupple! Felt bad though, so just been cleaning the window on the kitchen door to let some light in. Going to go out and see if I can do anything soon. I really think it's too big a job really for us, but we are too skint right now to pay anyone else. This wedding has really killed me financially and in hindsight I think I would have set a lower budget. Still, done now.

Oh by the way we've always loved 3 story houses. They look so lovely and I always think they'd get me fit running up and down. Cats would love it too!

Old 10 Apr 11, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Ah your house and garden sounds lovely! I have visions of your home being a country cottage with a lovely mature garden. Those trees sound a nightmare, my parents trees were like that and they had to have them removed. I forgot to say about their house, the bathrooms are all in now and the kitchen all done. We were just really doing some lagging of pipes and moving insulation around. They found an old wasps nest in the roof and it was incredible, this massive honeycomb structure (I didn't even know wasps built honeycombs!). They were all dead or gone so wasn't dangerous but it was so hard to remove as when you touched it it was like paper and just crumbled. I managed to rescue a piece of honeycomb and I planted it in the garden next to the rose we gave my parents as a wedding pressie.
To be honest I spent more of yesterday sat out in their garden, it's so peaceful round there it's tranquility. There's a big ramblers path behind their house so I went for an explore and it takes you down to a brook and loads of wildlife and stiles. I think if my calculations are right if I carried on following the trail into the woods it should take you to this old cave area which is a shortish walk from my parents old house, my childhood home, so I think I'm going to do this walk with my friends when they come up. Hope I don't get us lost! Should take about an hour I reckon.
Round the back if their house there is a long driveway and so I went for a nosey and up on top of this hill I found the most incredible house. It had this long sweaping driveway up to it with electric gates and on the very top of the hill was a suberb house, huge, modern and incredible. There were about 4 or 5 expensive cars there, a bentley, a jag, an open top brand new BMW and an Austin. At the side of the property was a full blown bouncy castle where two kids were playing. It was spectacular home. When I got back I mentioned the house to mum and she said who lived there and that they owned an electricity company and it was a couple in their 30s with two small children! How bad did that make me feel?! Mum said they'd just bought the house for 1.5 mil. That's SOME company huh?!
I saw them leaving later in there Beemer and they were just normal looking, not like drenched in gold or anything! We can but dream...
Don't worry about the wedding money Liz, it will be worth it for the day you are having and I'm sure after you'll look back and know it was all worth it. It will be a fabulous day.
Fit from a three story?! Lol you'd think so eh?! Nope. Cats do like thundering up and down it though. It's funny cause when we first moved here they'd lived in a flat so stairs were alien to them, was so funny watching them for the first time - was like watching Bambi try and walk. Lol. I used to freak out with the bannister for a while, kept thinking they would fall. Lol
Alex is researching researching researching fitness companies and ideas it's inspiring to watch. Hope something comes of this.
Still going 38km thus far may as well do the marathon now.
X
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 10 Apr 11, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hello everyone! just checking in to sa that scott will be playing in the world championship final tonight! so he is guaranteed a silver medal it is all very excitong!

i was up until half 3 last night watching the semi-final game, and i was stressed beyond belief. i the last two nights of watching plus this night of stress might actually stop me losing weight. TOM has come on and i am majorly bloated, and i actually feel fatter. hopefully i can get some off or even STS. i really think this stress has kinda stopped me losing, not that i've eaen anymore, but i've heard stress can stop weight loss. :/

not much else to report, finally caught up with the biggest loser, so courtney just left. that was a wee shame, i think she was just stressed as well. i found that this season compared to the other seasons, the contestants are so much skinnier than in other seasons? or it that just me? probably thinking it because they are mainly girls.
Closed Thread