Old 16 May 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 10

1900 Park Fare

We headed over to the Grand Floridan for breakfast for the character breakfast with Alice, Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter.

The characters are good here especially the mad hatter who is great. We don’t go for them but he definitely adds to it.

I took some photos of the buffet to give you and idea

I really like the omelette station, all made to order with your choice of fillings.

Contempo Cafe

We stopped for food in the hotel

I got the pizza

I’ll be honest this was really disappointing and bland, I’ve had much better cheap frozen pizza. I wish I’d got the burger as I really like it from here.

Mum got a turkey sandwich

Mum thought this was really nice, she’s had it several times.

Dad had some sort of chicken with rice, I know he enjoyed it at the time saying it was a nice change from the normal quick service food but I just asked him about it and he doesn’t remember it so can’t have been that good.

My brother got the BBQ burger, this is what I should have gotten, it’s lovely and I’m feeling sad all over again thinking about how I made the wrong choice
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 11

Starbucks Disney Springs

Went for breakfast down Disney springs again, it’s just a lovely view on the water

Turkey Christmas panini

Bacon roll

This is great value as you get any size drink, a sandwich and a bakery item here.

House of Blues

We decided to try somewhere new with House of Blues

I started off with a Havana twist mojito

I got the shrimp po’boy

I got this mainly to have a portion of shrimp, it was ok nothing special

Parents both got steak

Again ok nothing special

My brother got the blackened mahi

He wasn’t a fan of the spice on this and the server had put him of getting it plain, it was annoying as it would have been perfect for him plain.

Bread pudding

Dad and brother got this and loved, it! Tried it and it was really good. Regretted my choice not to order this

I got the warm cookie

This was good but the bread pudding was better

Ice cream

Mum had Ice-cream with chocolate sauce and nuts, very much her thing and she enjoyed

Overall this was a bit of a let down but my cocktail and the bread pudding were the highlights, not sure we will go back any time soon but I think a second try on a night when there is live music might be better.
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 12

This morning we got up and walked from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom for magic hours.

After a few rides I got a morning snack, upside down pineapple cake with dole whip.

After a few more rides we headed to EPCOT for some food and wine.

China

I grabbed the shrimp bun and pot stickers

These were really good, I prefer the pot stickers in Ohana as they are pan fried but these are really good. The shrimp was delicious.

Brazil

Next stop was the Brazil booth and we grabbed the pork belly, we got the beans separately.

I didn’t try it but the others enjoyed

Hops and Barley

I grabbed the New England lobster roll and New Brunswick slider.

These were nice but I couldn’t finish them. I asked for the slider without the horseradish.

Teppen Edo

We ate again at Teppen Edo, it was really good but the only picture I can find is one of an onion Olaf

This really is a great meal, delicious food and a bit of entertainment
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Just read all this in one go, what a great holiday! Thanks for sharing your pics. Hope you finish the report when you can x

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 13

Animal Kingdom

We had breakfast at Starbucks, grabbed some lattes and cinnamon buns

These are massive and delicious, good use of a snack credit for breakfast as it’s filling. They can also warm them up for you.

After wandering around the park for a while we stopped in Pizzafari and used a snack credit on some garlic knots.

These were nice but when I had them before they were better. Mum tried them but wasn’t fussed.

Polite Pig

After a final bit of shopping at Disney Springs we grabbed dinner at polite pig because who can resist.

I had a vodka lemonade, it’s a great drink, really refreshing.

Pulled pork sandwich, was really good and the waffle fries are a firm favourite.

Mum got the smoked turkey and really enjoyed.

Ribs again these were really good

I can’t recommend this place enough, you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu it is all delicious and fresh out their kitchen, I love you can see into the kitchen.
Old 20 Feb 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely days 😊
The dole whip in particular is now on my august list.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 14

Rosie’s All-American Cafe

Didn’t eat till lunch today and I grabbed a footlong hot dog from Rosie’s down near tower of terror.

Also had a frozen margarita of some sort, can’t remember what flavour but I enjoyed it.

Now the hotdog was ok but I felt really off with my stomach not long after so I’m not sure what was wrong with it but mum tried it too and didn’t feel right. I won’t be getting one from there again but the fries were nice.

My Dad and brother grabbed a num num cookie

I managed to try a bit, it was delicious. It is a warm soft cookie, and definitely one to share.

Coral Reef

It’s our family tradition to finish our last park day with a table service in EPCOT and seeing their fireworks.

One of the main draws of this restaurant is the view of the fish tank

We started with the complimentary bread, sorry we tucked in before I took the picture

Nice warm fluffy bread, not a special bread service.

Three of us got the steak

Steak was really good and cooked perfectly for each of us.

My brother got the Mahi mahi without the sauce

He loves this fish and really enjoyed

We also had desserts, key lime tart, the chocolate wave and a chocolate nutty thing I don’t quite know

We enjoyed but I can’t say they were overly memorable, I couldn’t have told you what we had without the photos.

The food here is good but the view is why you go, don’t go expecting the best meal based solely on the food.
Old 23 Oct 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Travel Day Home

Cookes of Dublin

After sorting our bags out we headed to Disney Springs for food. We wanted Starbucks but their tills were down for dining plan. We headed across to Cooke’s of Dublin as they were open and serving early.

All the food was made to order and lovely and fresh, it was tasty and a good portion.

I had the chicken tenders

My brother had the burger

Dad had a pie

Mum had fish and chips

We shared onion rings

We all thoroughly enjoyed and would really recommend

Sorry it’s taken so long to finish but thanks to those who have read x
Old 24 Oct 22, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great report ,thanks for sharing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List