Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnnysharp2 View Post
I didn't realise there were different config Dreamliners either, we booked row 1 the middle 3 seats both ways and the outbound flight had much more comfortable seats, plug sockets, leg room, amenity kits etc
On the way back it was more cramped, seats even narrower - they aren't that wide anyway.
No notification from Thomson.

It was a separate cabin but they were apparently just extra leg room seats, definitely not PE standard.

I have complained and they are supposedly sending me, at some point, a small refund on the price difference.
I have booked row 5&6 on the left side both ways and will be cross if we don't get that.

Considering I payed £1200 extra for the 4 of us if this happens I will expect a full refund for the cost of the upgrade.

How long ago did this happen to you? I assume quite recently

Cheers

Rich

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

My only gripe with Thomson is we didn't fly back on the same type of Dreamliner, it didn't have PE seats and they felt cramped and uncomfortable. Cabin crew said it was a short haul Dreamliner.

I don't quite get the nasty comments to be honest, generally we preferred Sanford.
I imagine that this must be their back-up Dreamliner used on long-haul when there are operational problems. In the pre-Dreamliner days Thomson/First Choice used to have an all-economy 767 used as long-haul back-up and that was awful. There was minimal legroom and the seats were well knackered. We only suffered it once and that was enough!

I agree Sanford is a great little airport - one that does what it says on the tin: Simpler, Faster, Better.

Sure the lounge is only useful if you've got kids to entertain but outside the general lounge is huge, comfortable and has free wifi. Who needs more 'shopping opportunities', other than duty-free, when you've been surrounded by them all the time in Orlando? As US airport and airline food tends to be overpriced and/or inedible we always stock up with good stuff from Publix and just buy drinks. MCO is the one to avoid in my book
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Crazydragon View Post
I have booked row 5&6 on the left side both ways and will be cross if we don't get that.

Considering I payed £1200 extra for the 4 of us if this happens I will expect a full refund for the cost of the upgrade.

How long ago did this happen to you? I assume quite recently

Cheers

Rich
We flew back Tuesday 23rd May from Sanford.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We flew back Tuesday 23rd May from Sanford.
Thanks for the replies - fingers crossed for next year

Cheers

Rich

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I imagine that this must be their back-up Dreamliner used on long-haul when there are operational problems. In the pre-Dreamliner days Thomson/First Choice used to have an all-economy 767 used as long-haul back-up and that was awful. There was minimal legroom and the seats were well knackered. We only suffered it once and that was enough!

I agree Sanford is a great little airport - one that does what it says on the tin: Simpler, Faster, Better.

Sure the lounge is only useful if you've got kids to entertain but outside the general lounge is huge, comfortable and has free wifi. Who needs more 'shopping opportunities', other than duty-free, when you've been surrounded by them all the time in Orlando? As US airport and airline food tends to be overpriced and/or inedible we always stock up with good stuff from Publix and just buy drinks. MCO is the one to avoid in my book
Yes I remember they used to sometimes use a 767, I just assumed if there was an operational change they should at least let us know beforehand.

I agree on Sanford much prefer to MCO, and I would imagine snacks and food are just as expensive elsewhere.

We had something to eat at Altamonte Mall on the way.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the replies - fingers crossed for next year

Cheers

Rich
No problem, good luck!
Old 2 Jun 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I didn't realise there were different config Dreamliners either, we booked row 1 the middle 3 seats both ways and the outbound flight had much more comfortable seats, plug sockets, leg room, amenity kits etc
On the way back it was more cramped, seats even narrower - they aren't that wide anyway.
No notification from Thomson.

It was a separate cabin but they were apparently just extra leg room seats, definitely not PE standard.

I have complained and they are supposedly sending me, at some point, a small refund on the price difference.
Take a look at the EU rules- I believe that as this is an involuntary downgrade you are entitled to 75% of the cost of the total return ticket- not just the upgrade fee back- TUI won't mention this mind, and you will have to contact them, they won't pro actively come to you

I found Sanford nasty as it was cold dirty in need of a renovation and the security were beyond rude to me- I refuse to go into the body scanners- (as it is my right )and they really made it known to me that they hated it - and I did the same the next day when we went back after the delay and it was exactly the same.

The walk to Alamo counter is quite long in the hot sun as well, you have to cross 2 busy roads, to me the place is run down and looks like they have given up- on Sunday's, for instance, there are only 2 international flights from the terminal- Mexico and Bristol.
Old 2 Jun 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

I have flown with Thomson in April 2016 to Sanford & May 2016 to Costa Rica both times PE on both legs. Very good. Only thing that spoilt it was the disabled passenger in row behind who on both flights (Costa Rica) refused to follow the rules of those needing assistance please wait. It meant a load of people in the main cabin were let through before us. The April trip was excellent value as we were taking a lot of luggage out to our villa. We are flying in September but it is too expensive for us to upgrade this time sadly. Flights in Sept 2016 and April 2017 were both with TC and not PE

Edited at 09:19 PM.
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

we have always been in PE but this time our son and daughter in law have booked the holiday and we are in Extra leg room economy so we will report on how we found it when we get back on 17th June or when we arrive on 5th June
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

I love a video of flights - is it on You tube? Would love to see it as we are flying Thomson PE next year.

Cheers

Rich.
Hi Rich,

You can check it out here..