Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
I don't know if I'm being completely stupid, but I'm finding it hard to keep on top of this all because it changes so much, and there's so many different things, but is there anyway around it by going via somewhere else?

(the examples I'm about to use are literal examples, I haven't checked what the current FCO advice is for these)

E.g. Could you fly to Ireland and go from Dublin to Paris if they don't need to quarantine on arrival? Or alternatively, could you fly to Germany and drive to France?

I'm not sure if the quarantine is to do with being present in the UK for the last 14 days, or how this works!
Ireland ask you to quarantine on arrival from England for 14 days too. So you’d also have to check the rules of the country you were traveling through - not just FCO advice!
Also, why would you do that? Surely these rules are but in place to reduce the risk - why would you choose to circumnavigate the advice and put people at risk? (I’m currently unable to travel out of my county and would not consider doing so!)

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we’ve decided we’re not risking it. I’ve just got off the phone with a lovely Disney cast member and I’m getting a full refund. I really don’t want to end up getting stuck in France. Refund will take up to 14 working days. I now need an alcoholic drink ☹️.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Looking for a bit of advice. We. have Eurostar tickets booked which are transferable or refundable. Can this be done on line or do I need to go to st pancreas. Any advice appreciated.
I am the same so i am going to st pancras this week to sort as i booked mine there and at the time months ago they said one of my tickets was non refundable so i will need to go and sort it

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

We decided to go ahead with our holiday and arrived this morning. Our flight with Air France only had around 30 passengers so most were able to have a row to themselves. Not been in the parks but we’re having dinner in Disney village and it’s fairly quiet.
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018

Edited at 08:19 PM.
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by rachelhelen82 View Post
We decided to go ahead with our holiday and arrived this morning. Our flight with Air France only had around 30 passengers so most were able to have a row to themselves. Not been in the parks but we’re having dinner in Disney village and it’s fairly quiet.
We did as well, tunnel was really quiet for a weekend, not been in parks either but Explorers very quiet for a weekend

We were 50/50 about going but Simon Calder did a Q and A on the independent and answered my question on whether France could retrospectively apply it if in-he said no, and if it will be compulsory - again he said he believes no

I was nervous coming to the tunnel still, was expecting extra questions on where we were going etc but had none

Have a great time!
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

For those who went anyway, where did you get your travel insurance from? I cancelled my trip this week but still want to go in October and if this quarantine is still in place my travel insurance won't cover me while I'm there (Nationwide).
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by gonzosuperfan View Post
For those who went anyway, where did you get your travel insurance from? I cancelled my trip this week but still want to go in October and if this quarantine is still in place my travel insurance won't cover me while I'm there (Nationwide).
I’m in Spain at the moment and I used Battleface.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to be travelling on 31st August (already lost 2x Orlando including Bahamas cruise for 28th Aug, Vancouver, DCL cruise to Hawaii April, EB DCL cruise Panama Canal (Nov) so booked DLP recently for our 30th Anniversary on 1st Sept.
We can all quarantine on return but are struggling to find out if France did actually impose 14 day FROM the UK because that will be game over and 6th holiday lost this year
Please can anyone tell me if it was actually put in place OR just threatened?
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pinklady1124
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

No reciprocal measures have been put in place yet and no indication has been given of if/when they will and what they would be. So far there has just been a tweet threatening some sort of measures at the time of the UK announcement. We are due to travel on the 31st too, not enjoying all these unknowns! We are still planning to go unless a mandatory quarantine on arrival in France is announced before then.
Old 20 Aug 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

I have just had an email advising they have cancelled my Eurostar to Disney on the 7th sep. So looks like they are starting to cancel trains potentially ahead of this quarantine announcement... Or there just isn't enough people to warrant running them. We are so upset so now going to have to think of plan b for a trip. Devastated.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List