Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Considering change of Las Vegas Hotel

We originally booked the Cosmopolitan hotel as it's in a great location and we got a good price. As we are getting closer to going hotel prices are changing and I keep checking to see if I can get a better deal.

Now, although I love the fact that the cosmo is right in the middle of the strip, I am very worried that it's a bit too young and trendy for us and we have 2 kids (10 and 7) with us and I don't want to feel out of place with them.

The Mirage, Mandalay Bay, Treasure Island are now coming up a bit cheaper and I am considering moving. Tempted by MGM properties due to having lots of myvegas points to use and also me and hubby stayed at Mirage 11 years ago so feel a bit nostalgic but just not sure whether it's best to stay where we are.

Are all hotels pretty much the same as far as welcoming kids goes? I guess the pool will be quite important for us as we definitely want time by the pool!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The Cosmo does tend to position itself more towards the clubbing twenty somethings and the MGM or Mirage are probably more child friendly (as much as any Strip hotel is). In your circumstances with kids if I could get two nights on an award (or better still two two night awards one on your account and one on your husband's) at Mirage or Mandalay Bay I'd be changing reservations personally. As the pool is important I'd probably choose MB.

Edited at 10:47 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
We originally booked the Cosmopolitan hotel as it's in a great location and we got a good price. As we are getting closer to going hotel prices are changing and I keep checking to see if I can get a better deal.

Now, although I love the fact that the cosmo is right in the middle of the strip, I am very worried that it's a bit too young and trendy for us and we have 2 kids (10 and 7) with us and I don't want to feel out of place with them.

The Mirage, Mandalay Bay, Treasure Island are now coming up a bit cheaper and I am considering moving. Tempted by MGM properties due to having lots of myvegas points to use and also me and hubby stayed at Mirage 11 years ago so feel a bit nostalgic but just not sure whether it's best to stay where we are.

Are all hotels pretty much the same as far as welcoming kids goes? I guess the pool will be quite important for us as we definitely want time by the pool!
I wouldn't stay in treasure island if you paid me it reeks of smoke imo .

I've taken my kids 8 times and whilst all the hotels welcome kids none are really geared up for kids as such .

I wouldn't be bothered by the myVEGAS thing I've played it for years used the rewards and rarely stay in a MGM hotel . There are plenty of rewards that don't require a MGM stay . We've got 2 million coins between us and it doesn't sway us to stop in a MGM group hotel .

Mandalay bay has one of the better pools that's for sure , and probably less party pool than the mirage .

We've stayed in several strip properties with the Tropciana (fab pool ) NYNY and planet Hollywood being the kids favourites . NYNY pool isn't great though quite small imo .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would say Cosmo is the least kid friendly hotel on the strip. And in summer particularly, will be full of partying 20somethings.

With kids, I'd recommend MGM Grand (or the attached MGM Signature) or Mandalay Bay. Both have great pools.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

I would recommend MGM pool complex with kids TBH.
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I would go with Mirage for location and pool with kids. We did find Cosmo more geared up to the younger crowd, but very nice. We just had 4 free nights at Mirage with myvegas and loved it. Mandalay pool is lovely but I find the location on the strip is a little too far south for me. My daughter stayed at Treasure Island in Feb and really loved it and tried to book there for this week but got a better deal at Mirage and Mandalay Bay. TI gets really good reviews on that forum I messaged you about.

Edited at 09:34 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I know my kids have seen the Mandalay Pool several times and both have said they would love to use it if we ever went in the summer months... It also has a lazy river

Location isn't the best though there is a free tram that brings you out at the Excalibur..

I can't think of anything that would appeal at the TI for kids..

The MGM has multiple pools so your sure to find one that's not party central given you'll be there at the height of the pool party season.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I can't think of anything that would appeal at the TI for kids.
The big pirate ship outside?
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
The big pirate ship outside?
Yeah but that's all it is now, no show or anything .
Just an old pirate ship sitting out the front
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Thanks all. I changed the booking last night from the cosmo (only really booked that due to great price I got and location) to the Mirage as I managed to save over £100 on the 4 night stay and I still have free cancellation so we could move again if needs be.

Tempted by Mandalay Bay but I wanted to be down the Mirage end of the strip and it feels nice staying there with kids after hubby and I were there 11 years ago - some sort of strange nostalgia!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List