Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
It’s been a cracking report, loved it. Sad it’s over

Looking forward to the next one.

The parking fees are ridiculous aren’t they? Dead money.
Thank you so much for reading
Oh they really are. I don't mind paying for parking but it's just such a ludicrous amount they charge!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Loved, loved, loved your trip report . If there was to be a Dibb prize for most entertaining, informative and photogenic trip report this would definitely get my vote, thank you for taking the time and effort to write it.

It made me revisit some of the most amazing places I have ever visited and my all time favourite state - California .

Also leaner loads and now want to visit North California more - yes maybe not the camping (thanks for your honest account - tents, loud inconsiderate people, and bad restaurant service are not for me ) but I am sure there are other options as I would love to experience the scenery you enjoyed . Looked absolutely stunning

Thanks again - I will miss my morning read now ...
Oh wow such praise, thank you for your kind words.
California has something for everyone, I really want to go back and explore some more. We barely scratched the surface!
You simply must visit Yosemite but maybe not in Peak season and definitely not staying in a tent

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Another great report. Always looked forward to the next instalment!🙂

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great travel home day. You managed to get In a bit more shopping, I wouldn't expect anything less! A shame about your seats not getting the in flight entertainment on the plane. I bet the kids were gutted, my two would have been.

Ouch, you said you'd perhaps spent more than you had planned to. But it seems like it was a fabulous trip. From the days in San Francisco, Monterey with the gorgeous coastline we know from TV to LA and the tours you did, I still love that you sat on the Friends sofa and got to see the sets from Gilmore girls. Then the one and only theme park day at Knotts Berry Farm. Onto San Diego and the wonderful train journey and day out by yourself. And finally onto Yosemite with the stunning scenery. I'm sure I've missed stuff out or got stuff in the wrong order, but what a splendid trip.

You know I love reading your trip reports. This one really has been fab. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us Alicia.

Oh and I'm really looking forward to reading about your next road trip. You really know how to do them justice!
Haha you know me so well. I have to make the most of it on holiday as I don't buy myself anything the other 11 months of the year
It was annoying, certainly for the kids more than me but they survived. It taught them of a simpler time .

I know we had blown the budget but it wasn't until I added it all up when we got home that I realised by just how much . Still it was totally worth every penny we spent.

I think you're pretty spot on with what we did, well done

As ever thank you Abby for reading and commenting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now that I've finished? Desperate to book flights for next year so I can get on with booking our various different accommodations. I'm so impatient . Have you booked yours yet?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Great report, thanks for keeping such a detailed record! I’m doing a similar trip in March and have picked up some good ideas from your report
Thank you so much for reading along
That's great you got some good ideas for your holiday, have a wonderful time I'm very jealous

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Haha you know me so well. I have to make the most of it on holiday as I don't buy myself anything the other 11 months of the year
It was annoying, certainly for the kids more than me but they survived. It taught them of a simpler time .

I know we had blown the budget but it wasn't until I added it all up when we got home that I realised by just how much . Still it was totally worth every penny we spent.

I think you're pretty spot on with what we did, well done

As ever thank you Abby for reading and commenting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now that I've finished? Desperate to book flights for next year so I can get on with booking our various different accommodations. I'm so impatient . Have you booked yours yet?
Now you've finished the report the planning for the next trip can really kick into gear

I got really lucky and ended up booking our flights in August as Lufthansa were coming up really cheap, we got flights at under £500 each. So, next year we are back to indirect from LHR to Frankfurt and then to MCO. The tickets are also no hold luggage but the most we ever take is 2 cases and after doing DC hand luggage only for 5 days I'm seriously thinking we could do hand luggage to Orlando and just use the laundry. As we've been so many times there aren't really too many souvenirs we still want and haven't already got!

Good luck with the flight search. I've never booked ours as early as this the year we went with Aer Iingus they weren't booked until January I'm sure you will find flights for the price you want.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Despite the delay and the lack of ife, not a bad travel day and great you managed to get in some last minute purchases.
What a pain about the gas station attendant. That’s so not helpful.
Glad that you got home ok . Long travel day but so worth it for such an amazing trip.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Despite the delay and the lack of ife, not a bad travel day and great you managed to get in some last minute purchases.
What a pain about the gas station attendant. That’s so not helpful.
Glad that you got home ok . Long travel day but so worth it for such an amazing trip.
Of course, would you expect any less of me Amanda 😂
I couldn’t believe how rude he was, he must have been having a bad day!
Yes what with the long drive to the airport and the extra long flight it was a really long travel day but I think it helped me with sleeping on the plane.
Thank you so much for reading Amanda 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I have soooooo enjoyed reading your trippy Alicia! It's been an absolutely epic trip and you all looked and sounded like you'd had an amazing time.
Thank you for taking the time to write this, loved seeing all your fab pictures too.

Will keep a look out for your next adventure
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
I have soooooo enjoyed reading your trippy Alicia! It's been an absolutely epic trip and you all looked and sounded like you'd had an amazing time.
Thank you for taking the time to write this, loved seeing all your fab pictures too.

Will keep a look out for your next adventure
Thank you so much for reading along Julia! Will you be doing a trippy for your holiday? I love reading your trip reports

IG - alicialanesmith