Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bashfulwhite
Getting Excited

Mobile Getting married in Florida - how to tell the family

So we're going on holiday in June with my 2 and his 2 kids. Youngest 12 oldest 19. We've not told any family. We don't want a big deal, don't want a party, are actually getting married for the right reasons and not to please others.
I'm considering sending a bouquet of flowers to the 2 mums and sisters at home to tell them. Any other ideas?
Bashfulwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I so wish I’d done it just like you. I did mine the way we did to please others and unfortunately I will never look bad and like that day as I should. We should have gone to Florida and done it on our own.

I have no idea how you’d tell people. A bunch of flowers sounds like a lovely idea.

Just wanted to wish you all the luck and happiness and just have an amazing wedding and holiday with your kiddies
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bashfulwhite
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you for your kind wishes.
We've both married before and both due to our previous partners wishes followed all the rules. This time selfishly its about 2 people and our kids will be with us
Bashfulwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t give it a second thought as you’ve said doing it for all the right reasons. I think sending flowers is a lovely idea 😃
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

“ This time selfishly”

I know you’ve said that but I don’t think it’s selfish at all. It’s something you need to look back on and love, not something to regret. I think far too many people do things to please others and we should be thinking about pleasing ourselves first.

My hubby didn’t want to get married that way and it was me that made it so thinking it was the right thing to do as that’s what I’d been told to. Hated that day. Even during the middle of it we hated it and I should have listened to him and to myself and not family.

If I could do mine over this would be how I would do it or maybe on a cruise but definitely would have just gone on holiday and had an amazing time doing it our way.

Do what makes you happy 😃
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

I think that’s lovely. I got married with a very low key ceremony. I did have some family and a friend but these are family who often travel to Florida at the same time. (We do our own thing and meet up at the beach)
I wonder if the florist would print a photo of you getting married to send with the flowers? It may be an additional charge and I’ve never heard of it being done before, but just a thought.😊

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bashfulwhite View Post
Thank you for your kind wishes.
We've both married before and both due to our previous partners wishes followed all the rules. This time selfishly its about 2 people and our kids will be with us
I got married last year in a very low key ceremony at our venue. Like you we’d both been married before, had to have the wedding the in laws wanted with all the pomp and circumstance.
This time it was our day, we invited who we wanted, where we wanted it and we ate what we liked.
I can honestly say it was a magical day, beyond our expectations so my advice is do what you both want and have a fabulous day.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List