Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Change to FCO advisory on cruising as of 09 Jul 20

Not sure if posted elsewhere, but the FCO has updated its advice on cruising to say that it advises everyone against cruise ship travel (previously only for over 70s and those with certain health conditions).

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office advises against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England.
gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

Immediate impact may not be huge since there are few, if any, cruises operating, but might impact when they restart and/or whether UK travellers would be insured if travelling on them.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Not sure if posted elsewhere, but the FCO has updated its advice on cruising to say that it advises everyone against cruise ship travel (previously only for over 70s and those with certain health conditions).

gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

Immediate impact may not be huge since there are few, if any, cruises operating, but might impact when they restart and/or whether UK travellers would be insured if travelling on them.
Just had this from P&O;
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We were supposed to be cruising just now, and I have a p and o cruise booked with my mum in December. At the moment I just dont see it happening.😥
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We were supposed to be cruising just now, and I have a p and o cruise booked with my mum in December. At the moment I just dont see it happening.😥
Yes our cruise looks doomed too...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Supposed to be in Honolulu now and on a Hawaiian cruise starting tomorrow For DH 70th and our 40th wedding anniversary. Cancelled in late March and lost our deposit. Poor response from Iglu cruise who ’pooh poohed’ our concerns re Covid and kept trying to get us to pay money. People who paid balances are having a complicated time getting refunds so we are relieved we didn’t. The whole experience made us decide we will not cruise again so not surprised.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

My September cruise was cancelled the day before this came out - I feel they knew it was coming
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We're not until April but people are already dropping out
We're still happy to go but I have a bad feeling about it. I think Disney will probably be one of the last cruise companies to restart.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I cant wait to get back on a cruise, we were booked in November for a Caribbean one but we dont think we will be able to get into USA to pick it up, and we dont want the restrictions on board so we've done a "lift and shift" to same time next year, we keep the on board credit ,drinks package and same price , so are happy with that . But may sneak in a cheeky one before then if we can
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
My mum called me yesterday to say she wanted to move to next year as she would feel more comfortable waiting. We're none of us too sure what is going to happening so for us felt it would better to wait and see what's doing next year. I'm sad of course but we still hve our health and hopefully can go next year.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

River cruising has now been lifted from the FCO ban - so you can now do that -- Also looks like expedition cruise size (less than 350) will follow and be allowed from the Jul27th FCO update or the August update (cant quite work out why theres two dates unless they think a few final decisions have not been ironed out) - noticed Hurti have now moved one of there new Expedition Ships "Roald Amundsen" into the UK from Sep 2 with its capacity reduced from 500 to 350.

We have now had a Celebrity Sep New England and a Nov Transatlantic cancelled and really cant wait to get back on board (I trust the ships more than a supermarket or pub/restaurant - indeed we were on one of the last cruises to sail back in March and it was handled superbly)

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK

Edited at 12:24 PM.
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List