Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

Internet provider recommendations

We are currently with Talktalk and looking to move to a new internet provider. We have had appalling customer service with Talktalk and consequently after much discussion, we are being let out of contract early.

If you have a problem with Talktalk, you are dealt with by their Philippines call centre and then their Manchester team. Unfortunately they don’t communicate between themselves, nor with the customer either! Hence, we would like to use an internet provider where their call centre is based solely in the UK and who provide excellent aftercare to their customers.

Any recommendations?
ryanlaur is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Think it depends on what you're looking for. If it's customer service we've had good experience with Plusnet as their call centre is based in the uk and have always been super helpful when we've phoned. However we did find their download speeds dropped after a time. So if it's internet speed you're looking for I'd try of the big player- BT or Virgin, especially if you have fibre optic.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For excellent customer service, I second Plusnet (they are wholly owned by BT AFAIK)
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

for speed/reliability, i get a near constant 200mbps with virgin and almost no major downtime. been a broadband customer since the ntl days when it was introduced (~20 years ago), in the last 3 houses i've lived at, and i can count the number of big issues on one hand.

most current issues people experience tend to be wifi related, not a problem with the actual broadband connection
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Iam with sky and have been for the last 18 years, again can count on one hand any problems I have had, and there customer service when it comes to fixing things I have always found very good.

Edited at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typo
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Used to be with Plusnet and left when they lied to everyone about doing traffic shaping until it was proven they were. This was back in the ADSL days though and before BT bought them and actually gave them the money to buy the internet pipe they should have had all along. Otherwise they were very good and people I know using them still seem to be happy with them. Zen and Eclipse are two of the other smaller ISP's with good reputations.

You then have the major players in BT, Sky and Virgin. Virgin only applies if you are in their catchment area. I would look at those as a price and speed comparison as they tend to all be pretty similar as far as service goes.

The one to avoid as you have unfortunately found out is TalkTalk. Fine while it works and cheap, but have an issue and they are next to useless if it goes slightly off the script the have in front of them.

Good luck with choosing.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Wouldn't recommend vodafone.
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I didn't have an issue with Vodafone, only with their kit and lack of support for 3rd party equipment
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Never had a problem with BT. If you can get a good deal then go for it
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've been with EE for years. Only changed my mobile 'phone from them because 02 had better coverage in my village.
EE are always helpful. Only yesterday I called them with a problem with my bill and it was sorted in a few minutes
The only problem I have with them is that a lot of their customer service operatives are broad Geordie and I find them difficult to understand
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List