Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Apple tree may be tied to the land may have been an orchard before change of use to housing.

Many house covenants are to do with previous use. Old farms having no chicken, pig etc covenants for example.
Yup, that’s absolutely right.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
When we bought our house DH used to park his company van around the corner as he felt bad about breaking the rules! It was only a small van too, basically a car with no back seats. Opposite had a huge transit van on their drive but still DH wouldn’t park on the drive until he swapped the van for a car. We’re also not supposed to have hedges yet we’ve always had one here, and another weird rule is that every garden has to have an apple tree
my cousin bought a house that was on the site of a once market garden

he has to have fruit tree(s) on his property

he actually turned this into a small business growing fruit/chilli's etc
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

My son has a couple of protected trees in his garden.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
my cousin bought a house that was on the site of a once market garden

he has to have fruit tree(s) on his property

he actually turned this into a small business growing fruit/chilli's etc
Wonder if any potential buyers would be put off if we didn’t have the tree?!

Looking at it now, there are hundreds of apples on it, I’ve never actually noticed that many before yet it’s only a small tree really. We’ll be out there in a few weeks time moving the fallen apples from the ground to the wheelie bin!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well done for standing your ground and putting the conifers in!

I don’t think you’ve heard the last of it for now, but stand firm with them

X
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
So a little update.

I have called around and all the local gated caravan storage sites are full. I spoke to a major dealer and they said they have never sold so many caravans. They usually have hundreds on display but the can not meet demand and are only a quarter full of stock. They say it’s been crazy. Who knew?

So without asking permission I have been and brought 6 conifers to make a hedge DH went and removed all the plants that passed the test and has put them in our garden. As soon as the first conifer was in sight they were out.

They said our house is not like yours. You get to see the street but we are in the corner so our view is your drive. He stuck to his guns and explained we had brought these to make a hedge.

He explained these were the slow growers and cost us £150. We have done this so you do not see what’s in our drive. He went on to say he will keep them caravan height and keep them tidy.

They said is the van not going to storage? He said no it’s staying. They went in and have then stood then the front window staring with arms folded.

I made my appearance with a big bag of miracle grow Which I sprinkled neat all over them! I did not make eye contact with the window.

We are all detached with plenty of place between houses. I feel so much better. We have tried to do it in a nice way but I am so glad we will soon have a hedge for privacy.

Thank you for all options for and against. They have helped me with perspective.

Nikki. X

good call

never nice to fall out with next door, i did many years ago, we built a conservatory on the rear of our house, the lady next door thought it was going to be of our lounge ( through the french doors ) it wasnt, it was of our dining room ( access through a new door way, which was a rather large window )

The roof sloped away from her side, the irony was she had a pergola above her french doors that cut out loads of light
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List