Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Jul 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Just Back - Highs and Lows

So I came back yesterday from an amazing 6 nights in DLP so here are some of highs and lows.

Highs
-Newport Bay - absolutely loved NBP. The staff were all very friendly, room was lovely.
-Hotel Breakfast - I am missing the breakfast here already. We had days in Cape Cod and days in Yacth Club, both of which were nice with plenty of good food choice. I wouldn't say it's completely worth the money though.
-Celebrating my 30th in Disney - I always said I wanted to spend my 30th birthday in disneyland (cue sniggers and questions from non disney fans :angry and getting to be there for it was amazing and so special.
- Pixie Dust - Dylan who checked us in at NBP kindly gave me and my friend Alison a 25 euro voucher to spend on 1 item in any shop. I purchased the Anna from Frozen plush doll.
-Meeting Characters - meeting characters is one of my favourite things to do and I was lucky enough to meet alot. I got Minnie, Chip & Dale and Donald during EMH, Daisy, Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel, Jasmine, Merida, Mickey in the main park. Then Belle, Captain Hook, Timone, Rafiki and Goofy in studios, Mickey in our hotel, pluto in Sequioa Lodges and then Ariel, Suzy, Perla, Rapunzel, Cinderella and Aurora at ADC.
- Auberge - We had my birthday meal here and it was brilliant. We got 4 princesses (even tho rumours had bee going around it was only 2 now) and Suzy and Perla. Some amazing interactions. Food was nice but I wouldn't rush back just for it. The birthday treat wasn't very nice though.
-Big Thunder - 3rd time lucky for me as I didn't get to go on it on my past 2 trips. I did wait about 80 mins for it though. It was pretty scary but thrilling at same time and I screamed blue murder on it lol.
-Hotel pool - We took a rest day on our 3rd day so used the NPB pool which was lovely and despite the rain, it was very quiet. The outdoor bit was even opened but it was a bit too cold for it.
-Mickey and the magician, Forest of enchantment, Illuminions, Princess starlight waltz, anniversary show and disney stars on parade - were all amazing.

Lows
Rain - It rained quite a lot sadly but it did disappear by late afternoon and it wasn't overly cold. It was very warm on Monday and yesterday but I was struggling with the heat and got too much sun on my head.
-Having to share a room with my friend's parents - this would have been fine if they didn't snore very loudly.
- Lack of photopass photographers - I had seen on social media that they were testing photographers around the parks but I only seen 1 on Monday by the castle. in saying that we still got 93 photos on ours which was pretty good.
-Lack of random characters about - On Friday in studios there were quite a few out in the front lot but when I went back on Monday there were none other than goofy. The main park only seemed to have all the scheduled ones tho Rapunzel/Flynn was by old mill on Monday. I see Aladdin was out by it's a small world today.
-Princess Pavilion - On Sunday Rapunzel was due to be in the pavilion from 4:30 but for some reason they changed it to surprise princess. I queued up anyways with rumours going around that it was Anna, Tiana and even Pocochontas but in the end it was Ariel which was fine as she's in my top 5 but I was gutted to have waited 2 hours when it was only supposed to be 70 mins.
- Rudness - this was something that really bothered me. People really were ruthless, pushing their kids infront of you in queues, queue jumping, walking through you instead of around you. Then not having any respect for the wheelchair user in our group. They wouldnt give up a space on shuttle bus for her and then when we went into mcdonalds at Val D-Europe they wouldn't let us past then gave us dirty looks.
-Val D-europe - oh my goodness it was mental on Saturday and like I said above, people were so rude. None of the shops were of any interest to me anyways and primark hadn't opened yet.
-Toothache - I had a toothache the whole time I was there which did put me off trying some of the yummy treats disneyland had to offer.

think that's everything.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh no! Hope you get that tooth sorted!
As to queue jumpers. It sounds typical for DLP :/ I have actually seen someone jump over a wheelchair when we went to see Stitch live.
She then sat in the disability section. She refused to move so the CM positionedcthe wheelchair in front of her, blocking her view!
We are staying in NPB! You have got me so excited!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Newport Bay is such a stunning hotel. So glad we bothed there. We stayed in Hotel New York when we went 2 years ago which I also loved. Really want to stay in Sequioa Lodge next or Cheyanne.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

We haven't been to DLP for quite some years but I have so many memories of rude people and pushing and people queue jumping! I'm booked to go back in October and I was hoping it won't be as bad this time
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Standard behaviour across most of Europe (including Britain). I have visited loads of European cities and even in London I see it most days. Doesn't bother me, I just push back!

Brits are notorious for wanting more personal space than most countries. My French and Italian friends walk so close to me it embarrasses me! So much of the 'pushing' is just people seeing an unnecessary gap.

Also I find there is a perception that Disney is 'for children' and so their little darlings can push ahead of
adults. I saw this much more blatantly in WDW though!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List