Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Sep 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

AK and HS After Hours

Hi all

Just been thinking about visiting AK and HS next year for one day each during our 'Not doing Disney this year' holiday. I have just found out that UK agents are not permitted to sell Disney Two Day tickets which is a shame.

So, that has got me thinking about the after hour events. Would this be worth looking into? I guess we will probably get more done in a few empty hours than a day of queuing.

What would everyone recommend?

Thanks for any help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've never done the after hours events so can't really comment on that aspect but there is no problem buying the 2 day USA tickets from the UK. We used orlandoattractions.com and they have a UK Office too but there are a few other US based DIBB approved sellers in the yellow box above.

This year (and last) there was a specific UK based 2 day ticket including mini golf released in May that I think had to be used by the end of August that may be available next year again.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

We did MK after dark last week and thought it was very good. Did 10 rides, could have done more but we enjoyed walking around a very quiet park!
Lots of drinks and ice creams on offer.
Would definitely do it again
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think HA has an after dark event, just AK and MK. But to your question, I think it is an excellent way of getting a bit of Disney.
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigTumMum View Post
Hi all

Just been thinking about visiting AK and HS next year for one day each during our 'Not doing Disney this year' holiday. I have just found out that UK agents are not permitted to sell Disney Two Day tickets which is a shame.

So, that has got me thinking about the after hour events. Would this be worth looking into? I guess we will probably get more done in a few empty hours than a day of queuing.

What would everyone recommend?

Thanks for any help
I wanted a 2 day ticket myself, I usually end up not going because there isn't an option of a combination ticket.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think HA has an after dark event, just AK and MK. But to your question, I think it is an excellent way of getting a bit of Disney.
It did during June and July, but having just visited the website, they're now not showing any dates (i assume due to GE opening).

Keep an eye here though!
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You can buy 2-day tickets either on the gate, from Disney's US (or Canadian) website, and from places like UndercoverTourist.com and OrlandoAttractions.com. The price depends on the date you select and starts from around $226 for a 2-day Base ticket.

Purely UK-only ticket sellers can't sell these tickets but ticket sellers in the US can sell them to you here in the UK.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
It did during June and July, but having just visited the website, they're now not showing any dates (i assume due to GE opening).

Keep an eye here though!
Oh great, maybe we can try this one next year.