Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 26 Sep 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Cotswolds

Next week we are making a trip to the Cotswolds. (Its our 10th wedding anniversary and we should have been in Venice!)

We are staying 2 nights in Bath and basing ourselves for 2 nights in Chipping Norton.
Where could we base ourselves for another night (before we go to Bath). I was thinking more to the South of the Cotswolds.
We love to walk in countryside and we love village walks.
Does anyone know what the Malmesbury/Tetbury/Nailsworth area is like. (We could stay in Cirencester or Chippenham if we had to)
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

I live in the Cotswolds and sister lives in malmesbury, so many beautiful places to visit, castle Combe is supposed to be one of the prettiest villages. Really depends what sort of things you want to do. Tetbury for nosing round antique shops? I live nearer to Chipping Camden and can recommend Bibury, Bourton, Stow, the Slaughters for a lovely country walk stopping in one of the Country places for lunch. Would deffo recommend booking restaurants/pubs in advance, we had friends up recently and the best places get so booked up. Any more questions just ask
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzymum23 View Post
I live in the Cotswolds and sister lives in malmesbury, so many beautiful places to visit, castle Combe is supposed to be one of the prettiest villages. Really depends what sort of things you want to do. Tetbury for nosing round antique shops? I live nearer to Chipping Camden and can recommend Bibury, Bourton, Stow, the Slaughters for a lovely country walk stopping in one of the Country places for lunch. Would deffo recommend booking restaurants/pubs in advance, we had friends up recently and the best places get so booked up. Any more questions just ask
Having been away recently, we have learn't to book for meals now

Changed from Cirencester as a stop over to Chippenham. Going to do Tetbury/Malmesbury and Castle Combe

On the Chipping Norton stay we will do the Stow, Bourton & Slaghters. Researching a few walks now!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We had four nights in Chipping Norton the week before last. Would recommend the Blue Boar in CN and the Kingham Plough. We also ate at Bitter and Twisted in CN, food was fine but social distancing was an issue.
Definitely book restaurants in advance.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

We enjoyed the Porch house in Stow, the oldest inn apparently & walking around St. Edwards church to take in the hobbit door. The Old prison do fab food too and you can be nosey around the old prison cells for free. My sister took me to Allington Cafe over chippingham area and had the most amazing pie with parsnip purée, it's part of a farm shop.
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
This is possibly a useless comment but we had the most amazing breakfast in Stow on the Wold in a little bakery. Not sure of the name but Huffers is the closest I can get (although I don’t think it’s correct). We do love the Cotswolds especially Bourton on the Water, Stow and all the Chippings! It’s been a while since we last visited so I think we need to go back!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Huffkins... and yes they do a lovely breakfast / brunch.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List