Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Sep 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Crazy prices for 2021

Anyone booked car hire for 2021 at reasonable rates? I had 2 weeks in August booked for this year with Costco Travel (using Hertz) and it was £352 for a Full Size car before everything was cancelled.
Looking at 2021 and it's £650 minimum and goes up rapidly from there (August, 14 nights, pickup SFB)
Tried DFCH, Alamo (Brits), Avis, Rentalcars, etc, etc

Edited at 04:13 PM.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Noticed high prices too! Managed to get direct through Herts intermediate SUV 28/7 to 11/08 for £378, so pleased with that, fully refundable too if I see cheaper or can't go.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

The prices have been high for months. I'm beginning to think that they are keeping the prices high to discourage people from booking so that they don't have the additional administration to go through of having to cancel or amend bookings.
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

When I was looking for Feb21 discover car hire where by far the cheapest, 2 weeks full size SUV for just over £400
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

For 6 weeks hire for this summer V summer 2021 it's £700 more for the same car with Hertz. Just keeping an eye on it at the moment, I booked a rate that you can just cancel up-to 2 days before the hire.

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I was looking at an 8 seater for 2 weeks in April it has been between 850 and about £1100, I just got it with Andy for £650 with a full tank and 4 drivers. The basic 1 driver was well under£600. Auto Europe is similar but others are still £850 for the basic package. As Tom said in another post, the normal early bird adage is not the norm for next year. So Book now and change later just incase the price goes the other way. I am very happy with my price now and Andy was well above average to start with, so keep looking.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
Anyone booked car hire for 2021 at reasonable rates? I had 2 weeks in August booked for this year with Costco Travel (using Hertz) and it was £352 for a Full Size car before everything was cancelled.
Looking at 2021 and it's £650 minimum and goes up rapidly from there (August, 14 nights, pickup SFB)
Tried DFCH, Alamo (Brits), Avis, Rentalcars, etc, etc
Your rental starts just within the peak season surcharge dates (14th August?). You'll be charged the surcharge on the full duration based on the start date. It'll should save you a wad of cash by doing a 2 day rental and then a 12 day rental:

2 day rental is £85
12 day rental is £315... Total price is £400.
(1 driver)

This does mean that on the 16th August you'd need to pop in to a local office to check the vehicle in and check it back out again.

We also have Dollar coming back at £480 and Budget coming back at £490 (inc spouse). This would be one rental from start to finish.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

... and that's why we use DFCH
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Your rental starts just within the peak season surcharge dates (14th August?). You'll be charged the surcharge on the full duration based on the start date. It'll should save you a wad of cash by doing a 2 day rental and then a 12 day rental:
Andy,
We are getting high prices when trying to quote from 28th March through to 18th April and I was wondering if a peak season surcharge date was somewhere in that period too which might explain it.

Thanks

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What's the difference between Alamo and Alamo max on your website andy

Agh found its a free upgrade

Edited at 12:12 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List