Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Feb 05, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
LargerBaloo
Imagineer

LargerBaloo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
David and 3 Mates - trip report part 4 - Day 4 (Sunday) - Epcot and MGM.

Ok so after a night of broken sleep once again due to my room mates lack of common decency I woke early to the alarm clock. After the usual morning ritual we all headed for the first time to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. We used one of our FREE breakfast tokens that we got from Virgin Holidays. I must say I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast, the food was pretty much the standard fare on offer in these places but it was all nice and hot which is not the case in a lot of places and it was everything i would want for my Breakfast.

The plan for today was to go to Epcot and basically race round the park and do main rides and attractions in record time. I was feeling pretty confident as the crowds in Orlando seemed to be at a record low and Epcot was meant to be quiet on a Sunday. The plan at the outeset was to then go on to MGM and stay there until we had seen Fantasmic and then head back over to Epcot for the Illuminations. I had seen both these before but the others had seen neither so I wanted them to experience the wonder that is disney. It was going to be a LOOONG and tiring day but we had plenty of rest days factored into our trip so we were confident it would be no problem. How wrong we were...

We arrived nice and early at Epcot and upon entering I had trouble with my tickets from a previous trip which had become demagnetised, after waiting for some staff to take the tickets off and reprint them we entered the park. I should mention here than it is VERY cold this morning and i stupidly have come out in just a t-shirt. To say I am cold is understating things!

Anyway now we are in the park I quickly look to see if i can find my leave a legacy pic, but I cant remember where we are so we just head into the park. We hop straight on the spaceship earth ride, not the most exhilirating ride out there but it got us out of the cold for 10 mins which was good enough reason to ride for me

After spaceship earth we headed into the innoventions area and had a very quick look around there. We then headed over to the Test Track and Mission Space rides. I was looking forward to Mission Space a fair bit as when in Orlando the previous year I had not managed to ride it. What can I tell you, I was not dissappointed. We decided that we would get a fastpass for Test Track as the queue was a bit longer than Mission Space. The plan was to then ride Mission Space and then use the fastpass on Test track straight after. Andy declined the chance at Mission Space so Just Me, Mark and Gary went on. I loved this ride and it was to me the Joint best simulator ride anywhere along with Spiderman at IoA.

We came out of MS and headed onto Test track with Andy willing to ride this he headed in with us this time. We discussed whilst queueing, yes we had to queue for this one, that Andy should really ride MS. He rides Spiderman, Back to the future and pretty much all the other simulator type rides so we tried to talk him into doing MS with us once we had done test track. We were all wanting to ride it again anyhow. Andy did test track without problem and decided he would brave MS with us. We breezed on but whilst viewing the pre-ride video Andy was looking worried, they did really make a good job of putting people off with this video so we reassured him the ride was nowhere near as bad as it appeared given the video. Well needless to say Andy LOVED mission space and we ended up doing it 2 times more. That was a total of 4 rides for me and Gary and 3 for Andy. Mark sat out the last 2 as the ride had given him a headache! Seemed to be justice really considering he was given all of us a headache with his moaning

We decided enough was enough with MS and headed over to Honey I shrunk the audience which went down well with all. After this we breezed around the World Showcase section of Epcot pretty quickly just really taking in the scenery. As mentioned before it was a very cold day and we were all suffering a bit. It was easily the coldest day i had ever experienced here in my 5 trips.

We were done at about 2pm so we took the decision to head back to the hotel quickly to wrap up a bit better then race back to MGM so as to get plenty of time in there to get the rides and attractions in before Fantasmic started. We got back to the hotel in good time and I put on2 t-shirts and a Pullover. I did not take a coat of any description with me so had to hope that these 3 layers would do the trick. We all did what we went back to do and headed back to Disney for MGM. Once in we hit the Tower of Terror without Andy and the Rock and Rollercoaster also without Andy. Mark seemed to rate the rides quite highly. We then managed to get the muppets 3d show in and a general blaze around the park before having to head back to get a seat for Fantasmic. Whilst sitting through Fantasmic we nearly froze to death and despite really enjoying the show we took a group decision to give illuminations a miss after all as none of us wanted to spend another minute in the cold. I should mention another of Marks annoying habits on this trip which i had forgotten until writing about fantasmic was his use of bad language. I had to tell him a fair few times during the trip to watch his language and at Fantasmic was constantly reminding him that he was surrounded by children! I realise I am not painting a great picture of Mark and feel a bit guilty about this but I am only telling it as it was. He really is an Ok guy and we have been friends for years and years and I knew before we went he was a bit Moody and tight etc etc but nothing prepared me really for how bad he was. I have told him how i feel about his actions on holiday though so he knows he annoyed us a fair bit.

Talking of Mark annoying me, he was about to make me so mad I had to leave the hotel room for fear of Killing him.

Dinner was eaten at Bill Wongs Super Chinese Buffet that night and we all had a good eat all you can meal with drinks for $20 each including drinks and tip. Food was pretty good with all the usual chinese fair like sweet and sour chicken and pork etc etc. It was a nice change from the fast food we had been eating a lot of and we had avoided the fast food outlets today completely.

Once we arrived back at the hotel we hit our rooms. Whilst in there Mark played with his phone a bit then came the corker. Mark asked me if i knew the number for the hotel so people could phone him in the room. My initial thought was yeah but how will they know when we are in the room, this was when alarm bells rang in my head as I thought to myself the only time we are definately in the room is during the night. With this thought racing through my mind in a split second I asked him " but how will they know we are in the room, i mean we are out all day, what time are you thinking of?" he then amazed me by saying "it will be about 8am... In the UK" I lost it and said to him (ill give you the watered down version) that's 3am here, you don't really expect me to be woken up at 3am every night as you receive phone calls to the room? With that he looked at me with a look i cannot describe, a look that suggested I was being totally unreasonable and said "but how else am i meant to speak to people" I basically said as far as i was concerned i did not care if he did speak to people, all i knew was it was not going to be at 3am every morning whilst I am trying to sleep. I got so mad i headed next door to speak to Andy and Gary as i knew if i stayed in the room it would of led to a crime!

So day 5 (Monday) was scheduled as Sea World with Busch to follow on the Tuesday and a rest day on the Wednesday. I suggested to everyone that we could have the Monday as the rest day and do sea World on the Wednesday. There were 2 reasons I suggested this option. Firstly was that our day had been very long and tiring and the other was that the weather report was not good for Monday but was pretty good for the Wednesday. Everyone agreed it was a good idea and we went to bed with another lay in on the cards. Thing is will the lie in be compromised by a night of marks mobile beeping? Tune into part 5 to find out...

Edited at 10:18 PM.
LargerBaloo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Great read - can't believe Mark Phone calls at 3am Hope he improves as the holiday goes on

Love Suexx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
megtom8
Excited about Disney

We've been onholiday with our own "Mark" and although I love the guy to bits he doesn't get invited any more! Enjoying the reports,
Hilary
megtom8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
REH
Imagineer

I don't think you'll be travelling any more with Mark!
Old 13 Feb 05, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Time to rename the trip reports - Dave and 2 mates...
Old 13 Feb 05, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Wink

oooh that Mark's got a real problem! I am enjoying this.
Old 13 Feb 05, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jude28
Excited about Disney

really enjoying this trippy goes to show peoples true sides come out when your with them 24/7.
looking forward to reading the rest.
jude28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 05, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoying your reports. I know how you feel about swearing as my friend is always doing it while we wait at our sons swimming lesson. There are always children about, makes me want to keep away from her.
Old 13 Feb 05, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh dear another day with Mark being like that not a wonderful way to spend your holiday. You did have a busy day in the parks though!
Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 05, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

hehehehe very good trippie so far if i was you i would have shoved his mobile up his (*&^*&

andrea