Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 13, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Universal tickets...14days?

Hi everyone

Just been looking on ATD at universal tickets and they seem to be the 14 day ones.

I only want to go for 2 days, 1 day IOA and 1 day universal.

Is the 14 day ticket the only one i can get? or can i get 1 day passes?

Whats cheaper?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I was looking recently and the only company I could find that did the single day or two day passes was Undercover Tourist.

I ended up with the 14 day pass as we have booked 2 nights in RPR so will need 3 day tickets and got them from Florida Escapes when they had a discount code running last week.

We've used Undercover Tourist before a few times and found them great and I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I was looking recently and the only company I could find that did the single day or two day passes was Undercover Tourist.

I ended up with the 14 day pass as we have booked 2 nights in RPR so will need 3 day tickets and got them from Florida Escapes when they had a discount code running last week.

We've used Undercover Tourist before a few times and found them great and I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.
thanks joshie1, just had a look:

undercover tourist: 2 day base ticket so no park hopping (fine by us) is $155 so about £82 give or take

ATD: 2 park bonus ticket that we can use for 14 consecutive days and park hop is £125

I really dont think i'm going to need to park hop, the plan is to literally go to IOA one day and US the next and its what we have always done in the past.

might go for the undercover tourist one, did you say you bought tickets from them before?
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

is there anywhere else i can get the 2 day base ticket?
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

I am sure somebody will come along and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is much difference in the cost, so most people opt for the 14 day ticket. It's always handy, we did our 2 days last time and then later on in the holiday we went back for an afternoon to do our favourites.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post

I am sure somebody will come along and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is much difference in the cost, so most people opt for the 14 day ticket. It's always handy, we did our 2 days last time and then later on in the holiday we went back for an afternoon to do our favourites.
i've just had a quick look and its coming up as £86 against £125

so about £40. x 2 thats £80. I know its not tonnes but i dont think im going to want to return, we are staying on site so i'd then need to shell out for more transport etc

i'll have a think!
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've used Undercover Tourist before - if I remember correctly they have an office in Scotland so ship tickets from there.

We had the same idea last year of going for two days and looked up the tickets for 2 days too but opted for 14 days on the off chance we would go back but we just did the two days. As I mentioned next year is now different but we would probably only have gone for the 2 day ticket as I know we won't be venturing back up to universal after our stay there.

As someone said, there isn't much difference in the price between the 2 day and the 14 day but if you have absolutely no intention of using more than 2 days there isn't much point in spending the extra.

UT do the 2 day base as well as other combinations.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 13, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
We've used Undercover Tourist before - if I remember correctly they have an office in Scotland so ship tickets from there.

We had the same idea last year of going for two days and looked up the tickets for 2 days too but opted for 14 days on the off chance we would go back but we just did the two days. As I mentioned next year is now different but we would probably only have gone for the 2 day ticket as I know we won't be venturing back up to universal after our stay there.

As someone said, there isn't much difference in the price between the 2 day and the 14 day but if you have absolutely no intention of using more than 2 days there isn't much point in spending the extra.

UT do the 2 day base as well as other combinations.
thanks joshie1, i;m just going on previous trips where we've just done the 2 days and we really haven't felt the need to return. i think its because we've always been on site. i know its not difficult to arrange a mears up there but i miss the convenience we get with disney of popping back to the room or having an easy day. its quite full on

we'd save about £80 altogether which could be put to good use and could even pay the taxi/mears fare up there
Old 27 Sep 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have to agree with the above:£40 extra is a lot pp when you are only planning 2 days at universal! £160 for a family of 4! Undercover tourist are very reliable too.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 13, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I have used undercover tourist before and if you join mousesavers and have their newsletter and use the link from that you might get the tickets even cheaper as they offer a discount for undercover tourist through the newsletter. Hope that might help
Closed Thread