Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Avanti or Rosen at Pointe

if You had a choice which one would you go for?

I stayed at Rosen inn at pointe before but never at Avanti and it seems to be coming up as not being too bad.

Thanks
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Just came back from the Avanti, usually we stay at Rosen at Pointe when we stay on Idrive but it was fully booked. We thought Avanti was not good at all, the room was so dirty, something we’ve never experienced at the Rosen before. They are both basic hotels but we do expect them to be clean. We much preferred the Rosen, plus it doesn’t have a resort fee where the Avanti does.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Is the Avanti the motel that used to be a Best Western, set back from Int Drive near Friendly’s diner ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Just came back from the Avanti, usually we stay at Rosen at Pointe when we stay on Idrive but it was fully booked. We thought Avanti was not good at all, the room was so dirty, something we’ve never experienced at the Rosen before. They are both basic hotels but we do expect them to be clean. We much preferred the Rosen, plus it doesn’t have a resort fee where the Avanti does.
Thanks for that. We are booked at Rosen inn at Pointe but was thinking maybe for next time. The pool looked nice on the pic but I’ll stay away then
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
infuze
Helping Donald

We stayed at Avanti last year and I was quite happy with what we got. Ended up getting the room last minute for very cheap and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very basic as mentioned above but for a place to lay your head it is not bad! (As long as you specify a refurbished room) .

We are staying at Rosen at Pointe this year as it received amazing review on trip adviser; has anyone been here recently and tell me how it was?
infuze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kinggie View Post
Thanks for that. We are booked at Rosen inn at Pointe but was thinking maybe for next time. The pool looked nice on the pic but I’ll stay away then
We thought it looked nicer on photos too. I'm sure there's others who may have had a much better experience than us, but I would always stick with the Rosen in future when staying on Idrive.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Is the Avanti the motel that used to be a Best Western, set back from Int Drive near Friendly’s diner ?
Yes next door to Friendly's.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nathanpayne
Earning More Ears

nathanpayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My wife and I stayed at Avanti in May this year.

Booked in for 14 nights but only stayed 3 because the place was so dirty - bed bugs, loads of love bugs in our room on check-in, chewing gum stuck to the bed headboard, everything was rusty and in general not a clean room. Rooms are basic and dated if you're unable to get the renovated building - we requested it and were told it was priced different!

Not a place I would recommend based on the dirty room and the lottery of getting the renovated building.
nathanpayne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List