Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Jun 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Oh no 😱

Now I need to look at my calculations for next year again 😞

We had decided on upgrading and renting dvc points as there was quite a saving.

Now I’m going to need to look at free ddp again but the standard room at deluxe that I’d want will probably have gone 😞

At least I haven’t booked anything for May yet as that was going to be an extra trip to make use of the passes.

Maybe I should upgrade our universal passes instead and go there in May 🤔

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Obviously nothing to do with recouping the 2 Billion that they are spending on GE
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

I understand the supply and demand part, I agree that they need to try reduce the crowd levels. The only thing I don't like is that is going to price so many people out and only the well off will be able to afford to go soon, such a shame. We need another park or two!
We went last year and are fortunate to be able togo again this but it will be our last for a while, there are so many other places to visit.
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Is it worse for us Brits as we tend to go for 2 weeks whereas Americans go for a short period?
So whilst it is more expensive for everyone they only need to find enough to cover less days. We need to think about rooms, food, shopping etc to make it feel worthwhile.

Though I go solo and dont buy loads of stuff, eat when I'm hungry off site and have timeshare points.
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by simker View Post
I understand the supply and demand part, I agree that they need to try reduce the crowd levels. The only thing I don't like is that is going to price so many people out and only the well off will be able to afford to go soon, such a shame. We need another park or two!
Erm, that's what "reducing the crowd levels" means!

To reduce crowds, you reduce the number of people going into the parks. You reduce the number of people going into the parks by pricing out those that can't afford the higher price*. Unfortunately, if you want to reduce demand (= reduce crowd levels), you have to accept that the less well-off will be priced out. That's what supply&demand pricing means.

Admittedly, "demand" is only one part of the equation. There's also the "supply" part. With regards to that, Disney can increase the size of the parks and add more rides ( = add extra lands) and/or add other parks. The problem with doing those things is that it also increases "demand" as well. In this case, increasing supply also increases demand and, as such, doesn't reduce crowds. We all know that the additional of Galaxy's Edge - which adds more capacity to HS - will not reduce crowds. When AK opened at WDW it did not reduce crowds at the other parks.

Hence why Disney significantly increases ticket prices every year - it helps manage the crowds whilst also providing more profit.

(* Although, in WDW's case, it's more likely that people will reduce the amount of days that they visit - eg. only getting a cheaper 3 day ticket rather than a 7 day ticket like they used to. Or they will only visit Disney on every other holiday rather than every time they visit Orlando. Most people won't drop Disney completely).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

too many people will want to see galaxy edge. It's price/crowd control attempt
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I was going to upgrade to AP in less than 2 week for my Dec trip. Not at that price though. Will buy ultimate tickets instead. 🙁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List