Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have a few Mulberry bags, I went for the more classic styles that won’t date so hopefully they were good purchases. Do I regret it, not one bit!

I say go for it, life is short, you’ve worked and saved hard so reward yourself with something you love! 😊
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The one really high end bag that I have coveted for a while is a Hermes Birkin but at £10k plus, I don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend that much on a bag unless I came into some serious splurge money and even then it would be after paying off the mortgage! I do however have decent collection of Coach bags, love them, they last ages and much much more affordable.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

You work hard and you have been saving for it - go and treat yourself!

I have a few MK, Kate Spade, Coach handbags and to me that is a splurge. I do like Mulberry's and maybe one day I will be able to treat myself.

Go get it and enjoy it
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have Karl lagerfeld, moschino, Luijo one (Italian brand), Kenneth Cole, but lucky I got them in outlets in Italy. Paid no more the 90 euros. Dd got a Vivienne Westwood one and it wore out quicker than a Primark cheapie!

Edited at 08:58 AM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have a Liberty of London bag and it is very special to me, but nobody notices its designer, you have to just get what makes you happy, I also love my disney store shopper bag (smallest size) which I use to take my lunch to work in it makes me equally happy

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a MK. Hubbie bought it for me one Xmas. I'm not a bag person. It cost over €300 which was mental to me but God do I love it! I use it almost everyday so got my value out of it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the few Bob was spare and I saw one I loved. U go for it u deserve it and life is too bloody short xxx
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFan2012
Excited about Disney

I have a few bags and love every one of them. Like others have said, go for something classic and from a store so you can ensure you love everything about it, and the experience is all part of the purchase for me.

I’ve bought a few bags from Bicester Village before - a Mulberry, Gucci and Prada. Definitely worth checking out as they were between 50% and 30% off - just not the latest season. Love it there so much

Previous trips: Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, Villa stays, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, Disney Cruises, Disneyland Paris, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside
DisneyFan2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I have a couple of expensive handbags but very rarely use them, I tend to always move back to my Dooney & Bourke (little Haunted Mansion one that I love) but saying that I'm not really a handbag person.

If it's important to you, do it! I have other things that I've splashed out on that are important to me and they're incredibly cherished things that are used daily.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I have the Channel Classic one but I must confess I never bought it, my SIL has fads on designer bags n went off the Channel one so gave it to me! Have used it a couple of times but mostly it sits in the cupboard. I personally would never pay the money that it cost but you have worked hard, always wanted one & as a nurse, no one deserves something special like you do (thank you for your service) so go get what you want just make sure you use it often. Picture of what you get would be nice.
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Op if you need more encouragement the designer sales are about to start. Net-a-Porter, selfridges and a couple of others have just finished sale previews so will go into open sale this week. Harvey Nichols started this morning - they have a few Gucci reduced
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List