Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Booking at a resort other than your home one.

Do you book the home one at 11 months then modify it at 7 to the other resort so that you have somewhere booked? I'm hoping as I'm after a 2 bed the availability will be there but I've only booked SSR so far and am after OKW this time.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I do it all the time but I’m flexible with where I’m staying we normally do 2 weeks in September I’ve never had a issue moving at the 7 month window.
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes that's what I've always done.

This year we're going for the 1st week in December (very popular DVC time due to low points) and staying in a studio as it's just the 2 of us, it's the first time I've ever had issues at 7 months so I'm glad I'd booked CCV. We don't usually stay in a studio though so I don't know if it's the norm for them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I normally book our BLT home Resort at 11 months then change at 7 months. Make sure you book separate reservations if you only want to change part of your original reservation.

I didn’t book our home resort for May last month. I easily got a Polynesian studio at 7 months but BCV was blocked out. One beds were available there though.
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Just looking at the points value - eye-watering to someone who normally books a studio. I will be borrowing from next year. Oh well.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I book one beds so don’t normally bother at 11 months. I did this year as I am going over Xmas, but even that was a waste of time. In studios I would always do it though or if I held points at a very in demand or low supply resort and wanted a specific room that could be a struggle even for 1 beds at peak time- e.g. BLT Standard View, CCV (peak times), Animal Kingdom Club or value.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I always book at 11 months and change. I don’t book separate reservations. I just modify the original one. Dropping days of the beginning or end.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List