Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

As well as the 2 PI's at Runger Lane (parking is £10 per night) check the price for the one at Heald Green as it has free parking and is only 10 minutes drive to the terminals, we have stopped here as well as the north one at Runger Lane and both are good.
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Do you shop at Tesco? We've stayed free at the Hilton (a short free shuttle ride away) a couple of times. Also used Deals at LGW Gatwick about 7 times.

Not really free of course but it seems it at a £3/£1 exchange rate. We do it through Hilton direct not hotels.com

We also always park at the official airport meet & greet a walk from the terminal.

Mick
Aah I do shop at Tesco, though there's only 2 of us and we don't really spend much so my ClubCard balance isn't really worth much haha. I'll take a look though as something is better than nothing!
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Thanks all for your replies. I'm going to price up some options now.
Still undecided whether to drive and park, or get the train to the airport.

I think the train would work out a fair bit cheaper than petrol + parking for us, and at least we wouldn't have a tiring drive home, but I'm rubbish at public transport and really don't like travelling by train haha
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are staying at Crowne Plaza in September, never stayed there before but got a great deal through their website. Also booked a club level room for access to their lounge! Sounds nice to chill before travel day!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aj26392 View Post
Aah I do shop at Tesco, though there's only 2 of us and we don't really spend much so my ClubCard balance isn't really worth much haha. I'll take a look though as something is better than nothing!
You need to go on to the actual MAN Hilton web site and enter promo code PR20TC. I guessed around 6 Sept and it's coming up fairly pricey at £158 for B&B. That means you need to redeem about £53 worth of Deals. Maybe better options available to you? You obviously have to pay the equivalent of full rack rate using Tesco.

Mick
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Does anyone know what terminal we'd fly from? Flying Thomas Cook
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone know what terminal we'd fly from? Flying Thomas Cook
T1 according to this

manchesterairport/...hich-terminal/

Mick
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Thanks all for your replies. I'm going to price up some options now.
Still undecided whether to drive and park, or get the train to the airport.

I think the train would work out a fair bit cheaper than petrol + parking for us, and at least we wouldn't have a tiring drive home, but I'm rubbish at public transport and really don't like travelling by train haha
If you decide to travel by train the PI at Heald Green is right next to heald green train station and you can get the train to the airport the next morning or it is £10 in a taxi that reception will book for you.
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We stayed at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North last year and have booked the same for next year. Ideal for an overnight stay.
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Thanks everyone.

I've just booked - booked parking at Jetparks 3 for 15 nights for £80, and one night in the Holiday Inn Express for £45 including breakfast (used ClubCard vouchers to get £30 off). Quite happy with this.