Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Never! Is it intentional or just lazy speech? If it’s the latter, I might have heard it and just not noticed. We are quite lazy speakers in Essex! Someone (from the Midlands) once accused me of starting one word or sentence before finishing the last
That’s me - I just jump about all over the place I think things pop into my head and go straight to my mouth before I finish what I was saying. I used to love watching Billy Connolly and he would get side tracked for about an hour and suddenly come back to his original point - that’s me 😂.
Where I’m from people tend to say “probly” which is obviously not the correct word but lazy speech and that’s just how it comes out - I’ve never heard anyone use prolly (although my iPhone accepts it as a word &#128514
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

People who don't "park" their windscreen wipers and just kill their engine when in mid-sweep. Irrational, I know, but there you go.

Another driving one, folk who drive off with their mirrors still folded in.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The obsession with Love Island.

I just don't get it.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
People that are still on there mobile and driving
People parking in a permit holders car park with no permit
Tv shows that show half the show before even started and here what coming up
Two many adverts every 10 minyutes on sky
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
My husband does both of these things, it drives me mad. He actually gets a chopping board out to butter and cut a piece of toast in half. Of course leaving it out for me to clear away.
I'm sure mine thinks we have a kitchen fairy who waves a magic wand and sorts it all out
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I'm sure mine thinks we have a kitchen fairy who waves a magic wand and sorts it all out
Mine too. We apparently have a teabag-mountain fairy, that removes the tabags he piles up on the spoon rest. We also have a sink fairy, that removes wet clumps of kitchen roll that he deposits in the sink.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

People for who the traffic lights changing to green comes as a complete surprise. 😁

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smoosplace
Getting Excited

Mobile

Cartoonp - I have to fast forward the 'here's what's happening today' bit as that annoys me (probably too much), I think why are you telling me? I'm going to watch it now! 🙄
My husband weirdly will go into drawers and cupboards in the kitchen and leave them all slightly ajar!?! It looks like we've been visited by ghosts, very sixth sense!
Expensive cars - you would think the amount of money they cost, would have indicators that work!
When I'm driving on a main road and the person in front will let out someone from the side street, even though they aren't turning, stopping me from driving.
Near where we live, is a roundabout, that traffic always backs up at. If people would indicate it would speed up the process sooo much.
God I appear to be a very angry/driver! But I don't let them know, I just seethe silently. 😁
Smoosplace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
People for who the traffic lights changing to green comes as a complete surprise. 😁
In addition to the above...

Certain velocipedal people who think traffic lights don't apply to them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

People who insist on telling the boss off every time she says Disneyland Florida. It doesn't matter what she calls it she's been dozens of times and it makes me laugh but not others.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List