Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 May 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not sure if I am able to post the link. You will find the menus on here.

dlpguide/planning/di...urant-menus/m/
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you all... this offer is via dlparisdirect. Has anyone used these?

In fact it is free half board plus upgrading to full board plus.
Which hotel are you looking at? It isn’t possible on dlparisdirect or anywhere to upgrade from free standard level to plus level, but you can upgrade free half to full on the same level.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Which hotel are you looking at? It isn’t possible on dlparisdirect or anywhere to upgrade from free standard level to plus level, but you can upgrade free half to full on the same level.
Sequoia lodge. It states free half board plus with option to upgrade to full board plus for an extra 240.

Also have just read somewhere that hotel buffet for breakfast is not included if the meal plan is included within an offer / package. Is this correct?
Old 10 May 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Thinking how we would use the full board plus ( 5 people at extra 50 per person) would be:

Arrive late on Friday and eat in Steakhouse in Disney Village.

Saturday would be breakfast in hotel, buffet restaurant for lunch and then sit down for dinner (likely Captain Jacks).

Sunday breakfast in hotel then Bistro Remy for a late lunch / early dinner before heading back to the airport that evening.
Old 10 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No, as from May this year you get breakfast at your hotel with any dining plan, whether paid or free.

At Sequoia Lodge you will get Plus level.

Speaking personally, a big buffet breakfast at Sequoia Lodge would see us through till tea time! But you can take snacks with you to keep the cost down, or there are plenty of CS places in the parks (but I avoid most of them, long queues, slow service and food not the best).

The restaurant at Sequoia Lodge is a buffet but definitely better quality than the standard ones. It does get very busy though. Alternatively you can have your main meal at one of the Plus level table service restaurants, either in the parks or the Village, or the other hotels. Plenty of choice there.

Bear in mind the in-park restaurants won't open late. Off season they sometimes close by 3pm. Other times some of them may be open till 5 or 6. Worth checking the opening times before you book.

If it was me, I would do:

Friday - eat at Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge. Great buffet and good chance to explore. Also doesn't really matter what time you arrive.

Saturday - breakfast at the hotel, snack lunch, dinner at Steakhouse or Yacht Club. Alternatively lunch at Captain Jack's and grab a snack dinner at Earl of Sandwich after park closing.

Sunday - breakfast at the hotel, lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy.

EDIT: looking at your last post, you get there late on Friday and leave by lunchtime on Sunday. So there is no point in upgrading to full board as you will only have one day to eat the two meals. Full board would give you lunch and dinner on all three days.

If you really want two sit down meals on the Saturday, it would be cheaper just to pay for one.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry, your original post said you got free standard meal plan, but it would include free plus meal plan, so it didn’t make sense that you could upgrade.

Breakfast with free half board does now include breakfast in the hotel.
For an extra £50 per person that’s €30ish for 2 extra meals each. If you definitely want to do 4 sit down meals that will work, but if you don’t even have 2 full days and it’s a weekend you will have a very limited amount of time for rides and shows. I personally would suggest having a sit down meal/buffet Saturday lunch time when the crowds are the worst. Have your sit down or buffet on the Friday night. Then on sat evening and Sunday lunch/afternoon just get a counter service meal to save time. These are approx €15 per person.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
No, as from May this year you get breakfast at your hotel with any dining plan, whether paid or free.

At Sequoia Lodge you will get Plus level.

Speaking personally, a big buffet breakfast at Sequoia Lodge would see us through till tea time! But you can take snacks with you to keep the cost down, or there are plenty of CS places in the parks (but I avoid most of them, long queues, slow service and food not the best).

The restaurant at Sequoia Lodge is a buffet but definitely better quality than the standard ones. It does get very busy though. Alternatively you can have your main meal at one of the Plus level table service restaurants, either in the parks or the Village, or the other hotels. Plenty of choice there.

Bear in mind the in-park restaurants won't open late. Off season they sometimes close by 3pm. Other times some of them may be open till 5 or 6. Worth checking the opening times before you book.

If it was me, I would do:

Friday - eat at Hunter's Grill in Sequoia Lodge. Great buffet and good chance to explore. Also doesn't really matter what time you arrive.

Saturday - breakfast at the hotel, snack lunch, dinner at Steakhouse or Yacht Club. Alternatively lunch at Captain Jack's and grab a snack dinner at Earl of Sandwich after park closing.

Sunday - breakfast at the hotel, lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy.

EDIT: looking at your last post, you get there late on Friday and leave by lunchtime on Sunday. So there is no point in upgrading to full board as you will only have one day to eat the two meals. Full board would give you lunch and dinner on all three days.

If you really want two sit down meals on the Saturday, it would be cheaper just to pay for one.
This was our experience last year with the CS being very busy and slow. Think in DL it took us almost 45 mins to be served. Cannot remember the name of the big place near Space Mountain.

Our flight is not till 2100hrs, so like last year we would only get picked up from the hotel about 1800hrs, which gives us most of Sunday really.

Is the hotel worth exploring on the Friday night or head into Disney Village. Another option if 'only' Half Board plus... would be:

Friday night - quick meal in Planet Hollywood (ate last year and liked it) - with DLparis direct you get 15% off here?

Saturday - hotel breakfast, snacks / CS for lunch then to maximise time in parks, eat in the Steakhouse in Disney Village in the evening.

Sunday - Breakfast in hotel and then a 'late' lunch (2ish) at Chez Remy.

Leave parks at 5 and picked up at hotel at 6 (private transfers).

Note that we have not eaten in either of these, but we do like the look of both. However, any other recommendations on restaurants would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10 May 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Sorry, your original post said you got free standard meal plan, but it would include free plus meal plan, so it didn’t make sense that you could upgrade.

Breakfast with free half board does now include breakfast in the hotel.
For an extra £50 per person that’s €30ish for 2 extra meals each. If you definitely want to do 4 sit down meals that will work, but if you don’t even have 2 full days and it’s a weekend you will have a very limited amount of time for rides and shows. I personally would suggest having a sit down meal/buffet Saturday lunch time when the crowds are the worst. Have your sit down or buffet on the Friday night. Then on sat evening and Sunday lunch/afternoon just get a counter service meal to save time. These are approx €15 per person.
Apologies, I had put it down wrong on the post.

Great that it includes it in the hotel now!

Not overly fussed on doing 4 sit down meals, I was just thinking whether we would spend 50 pound each on food if we only had the half board.

Maybe depends what others would want to do on the Friday night, whether that be a sit down meal' (we went Rainforest on the Friday night last year) or pick up a counter service or similar.
Old 10 May 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Not sure if I am able to post the link. You will find the menus on here.

dlpguide/planning/di...urant-menus/m/
Thank you.

For example, the 2 we are looking at is Chez Remy and the Steakhouse. Would I be right in assuming that the plus menus would likely be the cheaper version of the set menus for both off these? ie Remy set menu and Gold Coast and not Linguine and Steakhouse menus?

ETA: I would have then assumed that the premium plan would have been the more expensive set menus, but I notice the premium is full a la carte menu?

So then what nis the difference between these set menus? Lunch/Dinner? Do you get to choose?

eta(2): Now noticed the Chicago menu at the Steakhouse... which is cheaper again. Would this be it?

ETA(3) please ignore all of the above as I have now worked it out haha!

Edited at 09:08 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you all... this offer is via dlparisdirect. Has anyone used these?

In fact it is free half board plus upgrading to full board plus.
We've used them a few times and had no issues, I just find them more expensive now than they used to be and usually cost more than Walt Disney travel company does for the times we want to go.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List