Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Complete newbie - magic bands

Hello. Trip is in August and trying to plan as much as possible in the meantime.

I understand a code for our tickets will be emailed to us from Thomas Cook as the 60 day booking window approaches. I've downloaded the App and need to join.

When do we get our magic bands? Are they collected from the hotel reception when we arrive? I've read on this forum about pre-ordering a different style - DH and I won't be really bothered by what we get but it would be nice for the DD's to choose. How would I do this?
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
When you have downloaded My Disney Experience and you have linked your holiday booking to it you have the option to do a few things ,as standard you can choose the colours if you magic bands for free.
Disney have just started to offer a $10 upgrade to a character magic band however when it was launched the demand was massive and that option is currently out of stock!
You can book restaurant reservations on there and also if you ate staying in Disney you can book fastpasses at 60 days if bot you can book them at 30 days!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi this can be done once you have signed up to the my Disney experience app. You can link your reservation, make dining and fast pass reservations and choose your magic bands. Your magic bands will then be given to you at check in. They have just launched some character bands you can select at a discount, however these are all sold out at the minute. If you aren’t that bothered by it, then they have 8 solid colours to choose from.

I would probably suggest setting it up now if you have the details as then you have it ready for your fast pass booking. Hope this helps
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CJM
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

I’d be grateful for advice on this too as I don’t think they had such things last time I went (over 15 years ago!). Thank you.
CJM is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks both - that's really helpful!

Probably a daft question but when I open the app to register, it asks for a date of birth. I assume that my details I should be entering?!

My holiday is split into WDW and Universal studios (moving hotels). Is Universal studios a part of this app or should I just enter the 10 days I'm at Disney?
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi yeah it’ll be your details, then you can add your family into your ‘friends and family’ list... or they can sign up too (not required though). When you add your booking reference on they should be on there anyway.

Yes My Disney experience will only cover the Disney part so it’ll only show the 10 days.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
My disney experience is really easy to use,I suggest you add all your information on the website, which will appear in the app, as the app can be a bit glitchy!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks! That's really helpful.
Old 3 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Magic bands ordered! The upgraded styles are still out of stock, but I don't mind.
Thanks everyone!
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Still struggling a bit with this - help!
I've clearly done something right because my details are up, names with magic bands chosen, options to check in online ready. But, when I enter the 12 digit code given to me by Thomas Cook, it says "We're having trouble getting ticket and pass information right now. Please try again." It's been saying that the last few days.

Is that because my FP window doesn't open until tomorrow?! Starting to worry!