Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Three Generations Do Disney...First Timers *Day 2*

Day 2 – 13th May 2019 - EMH @ Animal Kingdom, Tusker House and our mammoth nap…

Day 1 is here

Good morning, I was wide awake at 3.30am whilst everyone slept in until 5.30am; I decided I had waited long enough and woke them up.

Mum takes forever in a day to get ready...I honestly have no idea what she does in that shower and then she has an army of lotions and potions that get slapped on. I really hope I don’t get like that; they say we turn into our parents…I’m nearly 38 and I haven’t as yet, I really hope I don’t. I couldn’t cope with myself.

So just to clarify, mum talks forever in a day to get ready and I can get myself and two 10 year olds breakfast, showered and dressed under the hour and bags packed for the day ahead. I’m not bragging but I think that’s pretty impressive.

Anyway, I’m waffling so I’ll get back to our day, I caught up on social media and my notes. Kids had breakfast of cereal in the room and then we were off to the bus stop, arrived there for 6.55am and the bus arrived at 6.59, how was that for timing?

We were then on our way to Animal Kingdom. Before we left, I checked the forecast because I had time you know, because Mum was still getting ready. It was forecast rain late morning so we packed our bright yellow ponchos we got from Walmart.

We arrived about 7.10am and it was already getting busy - I was still undecided as to what we should do, Navi River, FoP, Navi River, FoP, I was really swithering and I didn’t decide until we were released into the park like wild animals, people ran, I mean really ran in the direction of Pandora; I’m quite competitive and don’t like getting beat so when people started to overtake me, I didn’t like it so I picked up our pace a bit, giving mum the side eyes to keep up with us, it was a fast walk, definitely not a run…I am not one of them… (remind me I said that when we did rope drop at Hollywood Studios, Day 13).

Cast members were directing us one way for Navi and the other for FoP and I think my feet were going too fast that we just ended up in the queue for FoP.

As soon as we entered Pandora and until we got off FoP, I think I said ‘wow’ 50 million times. The ride itself was amazing and we were very lucky to get fast passes each time we were at Animal Kingdom including today, but every time I came off, I felt a little emotional, in a good way.

Whilst we were in the short line because of our fast walk was fast enough; we bumped into an American family who were in front of us, they were lovely and loved that we were from Scotland. The man gave me a fist pump and said he loved the Scots and said that I looked very happy. I really was happy, it’s amazing here.

Once we were out of FoP, the standby was already at 120mins, we were on and off within 15mins. We walked over to Navi and joined the 25min queue. It was nice and well done but I don’t think I would be fussed about doing it again.

We then headed over to Dinoland where we did a few rides with minimal wait, Dinosaur, Primeval and the kids went on Triceratops. When Cameron came off, he was taken to the side by a cast member; apparently he had a nose bleed just before he went on the ride, they got him a towel and then gave him a voucher to get a brand new Disney T-shirt from any of the Disney park shops as he got the tiniest amount of blood on his. Disney Magic!

It was now time for our first fast pass, Everest, wow - this was excellent, I screamed, loud and lots! After Everest it was nearly time for our 10.50am brunch reservation at Tusker House, they weren’t quite ready for us, but we were happy to just have a seat for a few minutes and wait.

Our server, food and the characters were amazing, it was really good, loved the jungle juice.

After we were fed and watered, we headed to the 12pm showing of The Festival of the Lion King which was absolutely breath taking and then what do you know, we came outside to a completely different world, it was pouring down and the skies were rumbling so on went our pretty yellow ponchos.

Our second FP for Kali Rapids was cancelled so we took cover in the UP bird area to decide what we wanted to do. I was playing about on MDE and I managed to bring forward our third FP for FoP by an hour and a half so we decided that we would use our multi experience pass to do It’s a Bugs Life, do FoP for our final fast pass; which again was amazing and then home for a nap.

The weather was meant to clear up early evening, so a little rest won’t do any harm before we head out for tea later… we were all starting to tire a little.

We left the park about 4pm & got the bus back to the hotel. Whilst at the bus stop, my friend Rachael messaged me to ask how the rain was...I sent her the below pic... The kids were adamant they didn’t need a nap but within minutes they were sound asleep, I had a snack of chocolate cake which I got with my tea the night before. It was very yummy and even better that I didn't have to share with anyone.

I set my alarm for 6pm but that didn’t happen, I was so tired I switched my alarm off and I didn’t wake up again until 0050hrs!

Everyone was still asleep, and I went back to sleep, safe to say that this ‘nap’ was needed!

Join us tomorrow for a morning at Hollywood Studios and shopping…

Thanks for reading!
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Aaah what a great day, you all look so happy. Enjoyed reading along 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Aaah what a great day, you all look so happy. Enjoyed reading along 🙂
Thank you - we were having the time of our lives! x
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hahaha totally laughing at you not wanting to get beat by the crowds! Can just see it! Haha!

So glad you loved FoP and FOTLK so much. Two of my absolute faves ❤️

Still can’t believe you all slept that long hahaha! The last time I did that was cos I was hammered in Nashville

Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Fantastic day and not surprised you all fell asleep when you went for a nap. Looking forward to reading more
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow that is one epic nap! I am most impressed! Although clearly needed, Disney sure is exhausting!

Such a fab day, wonderful to hear you loved FoP so much, I am really hoping we are able to get on it when we are there!

Love that they sorted Cameron a new t-shirt, such a love sprinkle of Disney magic!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Day 3 is now live!