Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jun 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Which Universal hotel? Would like space...

Morning all.

Never really considered a Universal hotel, would usually be a villa, but having a chat to my son earlier, and he likes the idea of walking to the parks/volcano bay.

Not to fussed on needing FOTL pass, as for various reasons my son will qualify for the Uni equivalent of the DAS, so any hotel is an option.

Priority though is having some space. It'll be 2 adults and 2 kids (14/15).

Had looked at Cabana Bay, and for a family suite it was around £2k but noticed that there was a 2 bed suite, but this jumped to nearly £5k

I'd really like to have separate sleeping options, but an extra £3k is bonkers.

Is there a better option, am I missing something with the other hotels?

Any extras that I should be aware of that make a Universal stay even better?

Cheers
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just come back from staying at Cabana Bay in a family suite. 2a2c (6&3)
We absolutely loved it, the pool was brilliant, bus to the parks were great never waited and always a seat. You can walk but we didn’t ha ha.
Walk to VB was fab and so easy.
Would definitely stay again and will probably will next year.
It was just really nice being so close and easy access to everything so you could have a rest and nip back in the evening.
In terms of space it was fine for us. The rooms aren’t massive, especially if you are stay in villas. We didn’t use the sofa bed but got it out to try and it was a good size and comfortable.
If you don’t mind not having the walk to vb have a look at endless summer. It’s about the same distance away from the parks but you would need to bus it (they are provided)
But the suites have a bedroom plus two doubles in the main area.
Or have you thought about a split stay, week there and then week in villa for more space?
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Cheers LLamb, so you didn't feel too cramped in the family suite? The proper 2 bed looks amazing, but the extra 3k would pay for the flights, so hard to justify..
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Connors Daddy View Post
Cheers LLamb, so you didn't feel too cramped in the family suite? The proper 2 bed looks amazing, but the extra 3k would pay for the flights, so hard to justify..
I know I would of loved the proper 2 bed, they are all the the towers that overlook VB.
We only did three nights before moving to Windsor Hills but no didn’t find it too cramped. And that was with the kids leaving stuff everywhere!
The beds were big enough and comfortable, the bathroom arrangement is great as it has a separate toilet, then the sink area, then the bath/shower is separate too so everybody can get ready at once.
There was plenty of space for stuff, loads of drawers. The living area bit has a large sofa and then two chairs. It also has a sliding door so you can separate the beds and living area.
Tim Tracker has done an excellent resort tour and he also go into a family suite.
It’s such a lovely resort, especially as it’s classified as prime value I think. So competing with Disney values (all stars etc)
Definitely much nice nicer.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Cabana Bay walk to parks is fantastic doesn't take long. Hotel is fantastic we haven't stayed more than 3 nights before and we are back for our 3rd visit in Sept.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks guys.

Had a look at Aventura too, the Kids Suite looks like not bad value - anyone stayed in these? Looks to be around £2.5k, so not a million miles from the Cabana Bay family suite prices.