Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 13, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

travel costs?

I'm gonna book for me and the 3 kids next month to go to DLP next august

does anyone know roughly how much i should expect to pay to travel, either flying to euro tunnel thingy

i don't drive so thats out of the question

also, i'm getting a price of £1,300 for the 4 of us which includes a character breakfast, character dinner and a birthday cake for DS. this is for sequoia lodge, monday to friday. does this sound reasonable?

thanks
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 13, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I believe you can get Eurostar for £69 when the dates first come out...
We flew from Newcastle to Paris with airfrance and it cost us £125 each
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 13, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Thanks for the reply

How far I'm advance can you book Eurostar?

And if I wanted to fly, which airport/airline would be best? Im in leicester
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 13, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

The Eurostar tickets used to go on sale 6mths before but are now released in batches, so i'd guess call Eurostar about February to see when they might be released for August.
If you fly I'd go from whichever airport near you has budget airlines to CDG, Beauvais is too far away. Also, when flying don't forget to budget for transfers from CDG to DLP. With 3 children i'd be tempted to book a shuttle from the airport rather than messing with the TGV, which is quicker but not that much after you've navigated to the right bit of the airport etc.

Regards your price for the hotel, I can't say how good it is as I have never looked at August prices. However, I wouldn't prepay for the character meal and/or the cake. You can just book a character meal yourself (at any of the character restaurants) and pay for what you eat when you get there, in another thread Jazzluvva just posted a breakdown of a meal for 4 at Cafe Mickey and can be done much cheaper than prepaying for vouchers. and you just tell them when you book (on the phone up to 60days before) that you want a birthday cake.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 13, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Our flights from Luton to CDG have cost £300 for 4 of us flying on 31st Aug. Our Eurostar for our trip back in Feb cost £630!
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 13, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
The Eurostar tickets used to go on sale 6mths before but are now released in batches, so i'd guess call Eurostar about February to see when they might be released for August.
If you fly I'd go from whichever airport near you has budget airlines to CDG, Beauvais is too far away. Also, when flying don't forget to budget for transfers from CDG to DLP. With 3 children i'd be tempted to book a shuttle from the airport rather than messing with the TGV, which is quicker but not that much after you've navigated to the right bit of the airport etc.

Regards your price for the hotel, I can't say how good it is as I have never looked at August prices. However, I wouldn't prepay for the character meal and/or the cake. You can just book a character meal yourself (at any of the character restaurants) and pay for what you eat when you get there, in another thread Jazzluvva just posted a breakdown of a meal for 4 at Cafe Mickey and can be done much cheaper than prepaying for vouchers. and you just tell them when you book (on the phone up to 60days before) that you want a birthday cake.

thanks for the advice.

if i book character meals direct, how do i do that?
Old 24 Aug 13, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lulu bear View Post
Our flights from Luton to CDG have cost £300 for 4 of us flying on 31st Aug. Our Eurostar for our trip back in Feb cost £630!
wow, thats a lot of difference
Old 24 Aug 13, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Our Eurostar is usually £69 return but we do make sure we grab them as soonas they come out.

For pre booking meals, you can phone DLP - see the sticky thread above.

I wouldn't book a character breakfast as you already have breakfast included in your hotel booking. You can have a character meal cheaply at Cafe Mickey - just order whatever you want. Many people just share a pizza.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 13, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Our Eurostar is usually £69 return but we do make sure we grab them as soonas they come out.

For pre booking meals, you can phone DLP - see the sticky thread above.

I wouldn't book a character breakfast as you already have breakfast included in your hotel booking. You can have a character meal cheaply at Cafe Mickey - just order whatever you want. Many people just share a pizza.
So I just ring cafe mickey direct?

I'm such a numpty lol. I've been to DLP twice before but both times I just booked a coach holiday and they dealt with everything lol
Old 24 Aug 13, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread