Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Jul 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Gluten free? Reccomendations...

I have been following slimming world for since xmas and have massively reduced the bread and pasta in my diet.
Everytime i eat 1 or the other i end up with cramps/swelling/gas to kill a cow/pain.
For a week now i have removed gluten from my diet and omg i feel soooo much better.
I have several v severe food allergies but i have not been diagnosed with chrohns...

Can anyone suggest gf substitutes which taste nice?
I ve brought promise rolls today which i really enjoyed...
Any suggestions?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

M&S gluten free bread is the nicest I have found. It worth paying the bit extra for as it tastes much better. Also, Tesco gluten free pasta is also really nice and much lighter and less dense than normal pasta.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Don't just head to the gluten free isle as lots of products are made gluten free in the normal range these days. They don't highlight it to drive you to the higher priced items.

Cereals are an example where some in the normal isle are gluten free.

Some of the brands like Aldi are doing more gluten free items which are cheaper and taste better than some of the other supermarkets (according to DW who is gluten intolerant).
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I shop in aldi and sainsburys so will look tomorrow ty x
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Morrison’s do some nice gluten free food. One of my favourites not in gf range is patatas bravas with chicken and garlic mayonnaise
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Not gluten free, but I try to not 'overdose' on any one type of food so I use spelt flour.
This is an ancient wheat with a basic gluten structure, makes nice bread and I use it for making biscuits too, so much nicer than shop bought ones with their massive list of ingredients which usually includes palm oil.
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

old el paso do mini white corn wraps which are gluten free but in the normal aisle - they are lovely and soft and taste good too great for wraps & fajitas ect just a shame they aren't bigger
the full size gluten free ones from the freefrom section are not bad either but tend to be quite expensive

I'm still struggling to find a decent gf bread tesco used to do own brand roll that were really nice but they have changed them and they are no where near as nice now. The tesco Gf sandwich thins were ok too but they never seem to have them in stock.

My local aldi rarely have any gf stuff in but when they have them the Gf triple choc cookies to do are amazing and well worth spending my syns on
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List