Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Jul 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sheppard
Getting Excited

Food at Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic

Can anyone shed some light on what food we get at this event?

Thanks

Katie
sheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'd say unknown, but what it likely will be is known.

Previously when it was last at AK it was on the old system, so you got mainly cheap foods like hotdogs, nuggets, ice cream etc.

However, since the last AK one (I think- I don't keep close tabs on it as there is never one when I am there), they introduced a meal voucher (which sounds very good, cannot complain at that) which you could use at select eateries in the park.

So as this hasn't been done at AK yet, (I don't think) if they continue to do that, then expect places like maybe Flame Tree or even the Canteen in Pandora, but you probably will not know before the night.

However, also bear in mind the website is non commital saying a selection of 'refreshments'. Also bear in mind DVC has new management which seems to be bean counters extraordinaire. So hopefully the voucher system will continue but if not it could go back to cheaper snack foods, or maybe literally Mickey Bars, bags of crisps and pop. I think that unlikely though, but never say never.
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Think our voucher says a 'quick service' meal, 1 entree and a fountain drink, so presumably it'll be one of the listed QS restaurants. We're looking forward to going to AK having snagged a reservation! 🙂
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

When we did it at Epcot in May you got 1 free quick service meal at most QS places (entree dessert and drink) and then on the evening you got free water and Mickey premium bars. I think the Olaf lolly too but I may be wrong on that. There was just a scrum at every station I would imagine AK is similar.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
When we did it at Epcot in May you got 1 free quick service meal at most QS places (entree dessert and drink) and then on the evening you got free water and Mickey premium bars. I think the Olaf lolly too but I may be wrong on that. There was just a scrum at every station I would imagine AK is similar.
Have to say I'm expecting it to be super busy, but it'll be our 1st time at one of these events so we'll go with the flow! Looking forward to Pandora at night oh and we love doing the Kali Rapids in the dark, it's hilarious 😂
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Have to say I'm expecting it to be super busy, but it'll be our 1st time at one of these events so we'll go with the flow! Looking forward to Pandora at night oh and we love doing the Kali Rapids in the dark, it's hilarious 😂
It’s not too busy but it was busier than I was expecting. It’s fun at night though. I think the mistake we made was we took little kids and it really is for older kids not young ones. We will go again when mine are older. 😃
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
It’s not too busy but it was busier than I was expecting. It’s fun at night though. I think the mistake we made was we took little kids and it really is for older kids not young ones. We will go again when mine are older. 😃
Good to know thanks! We've a teenage daughter so should be ok. She's looking forward to AK as Pandora wasn't open last time she went.