Old 23 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Buying tickets direct from Disney site

Never done this before, but it appears the cheapest option and I need to sort our tickets very very soon.

I know they do not send you 'real' tickets, but do you get a voucher or do they just get added to your MDE account?

If you get a voucher, where do you have to exchange it, at the windows where you get off the tram for example at MK?

Would love somebody who knows to advise me accordingly, thank you

Edited at 06:02 PM.
HenrysDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

We did this back in 2016. The tickets were linked to our MDE and then when we arrived (our first day was Magic Kingdom), we went to the guest relations window at the Ticket & Transportation Centre and exchanged them for actual tickets (in fact we purchased magic bands and had the tickets added to them as it made life easier for us).
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

If you’re only buying tickets you will need to link them to MDE, but you have to do it through the website rather than the App.

You can then go to guest services at Disney Springs or will call at any of the parks for the physical tickets. This is what we did last year. We also had the free Toy Story magic bands, which we collected at World of Disney, but I liked having the physical tickets as well just in case.

If you have already got magic bands on your MDE account and they’re active then the tickets will link to those as you input the numbers against each name.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
Never done this before, but it appears the cheapest option and I need to sort our tickets very very soon.

I know they do not send you 'real' tickets, but do you get a voucher or do they just get added to your MDE account?

If you get a voucher, where do you have to exchange it, at the windows where you get off the tram for example at MK?

Would love somebody who knows to advise me accordingly, thank you
My main tickets have always been part of a hotel package, so have linked up with the hotel. However I have also purchase MNSHHP tickets and After Dark event tickets. I have bought these whist logged into MDE and they have automatically been connected to the account as I am buying them. If you have a magic band you won't need to collect real tickets.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List