Notices

Old 13 Sep 16, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post

25 days to go - pre trip report!

This is my first trip report so please bear with me!

So who's who?

myself - julie-anne (42)
mum - ayleen (72)
daughter - leigh-anne (17)

So we made the decision a few weeks ago to head back over to California after just spending the whole of July there (apart from 6 days in NYC). Usually we book through a travel agent but this time I thought I would search around and see what i could get myself. Ended up booking with BA as we were getting a really good deal for flights and hotels.

We first went to California in 2013 and absolutly loved it.

Our trip this time is fairly simple - 8 days in San Diego and 6 days in Anaheim.

San Diego - we are staying at the Bahia Resort
Anaheim - we are staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort.

Our outbound flights are Aberdeen - Heathrow - San Diego
Our inbound flights are LAX - Heathrow - Aberdeen.

Tickets have been bought for Seaworld and Disney.

Our tickets for Seaworld are for unlimited visits for 7 days and our Disney tickets are park hopper for 5 days. We also plan on doing the zoo in San Diego and the Old Town Trolley Tour. We did all these things back in 2013 but cannot wait to do them all again and more this time.

I have purchased Mickey Halloween Party Night Tickets also.

Our plan is to hire a car when we leave SD and drive up to Anaheim. We have done this drive before and really liked it. Since we won't need a car in Anaheim we will drop off there and then pick one up on leaving and drive to LAX.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

All sounds really good. Ive just started looking at San Diego for next year. The Bahia resort looks really pretty. Are you just using public transport in San Diego?
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

yes - uber is very easy to use and buses etc will be nearby i am sure.

can't wait!
Old 14 Sep 16, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Yes San Diego looks to be a fairly easy city to get around without a car. Have fun
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
See you there then 😊😊😊 we go the day after you. Doing it the other way round though Anaheim for 4 nights San Diego for 9 nights.

We did SD last year as part of a road trip staying for 4 nights we liked it so much we decided to go back for longer,Anaheim is a first for us we are doing US and Disney for the 1st time in California can't wait to get our fix😊😊😊😊.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneyland and California adventure are great. I much prefer them to Florida. Both across from each other and a lot easier to navigate around.

Did you get Haloween party night tickets for when you are there? We did this 3 years ago for the first time and loved it. It makes you feel part of a "special club" that others cant get in to without a ticket. You also end up with loads and loads and loads of free candy! Characters on the night are different to the day ones also. I would def recommend it if you can get tickets x

where are you staying in San Diego? We love it there - it is where my daughter wants to live x
Old 15 Sep 16, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
There are 5 of us going me,OH,DD, DD and BF. We are all doing US, me and eldest DD are doing both Disney parks the rest only 1, as DD wants to show BF the area as he's not been there before.

We are staying on Shelter Island in San Diego at the Best Western Island Palms,we stayed there last year it is a lovely location great for getting around from. We totally fell in love with SD it has a good vibe.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List