Notices

Old 16 Aug 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 2 August 2016 LIVE

Day 2 Aaaahhhh Jetlag!

So, day 2 unfortunately I wanted to delay the start of the day for as long as possible but this was not meant to be. I got up with Grace at 3.15am and to be honest I was excited for the day to start and I really wanted the sun to come up so I could see everything!

The sun was not going to make an appearance for nearly another 4 hours though so we had some time to kill. I caught up with the trip report from yesterday and it wasn't long before both Nanny and Grandad were up, it was about 4.30am. Grace enjoyed looking through the cupboards and seeing what toys were around and she was impressed with the number of books there were.

Daddy was turfed out of bed at 5.30am, Grace could wait no longer and we sorted ourselves out all ready to watch the sunrise at 7am and then leave for breakfast at Bob Evans.
We watched the sunrise which was beautiful and saw a couple of people out for a walk...cannot wait to do that ourselves tomorrow morning!

We left for Bob Evans at 7.15am, we had never been here before so there was high anticipation, we were very pleasantly surprised and had a really good breakfast. We all had coffee (I had a decaf which I did have to wait for, but was lovely when it arrived) and Grace had a water. Grace had mini chocolate chip pancakes and loved them, and took a couple to go. Grandad had a Border Scramble Omelet, Nanny had blueberries crepes, Daddy had the Farmers Choice breakfast which came with a short stack of pancakes and I had the BEFit breakfast which came with 2 multigrain cranberry hot cakes which were delicious!

We all really enjoyed our meal here and the total was $48 including the tip, which was worth every penny. Our server was really good too and maybe we will squeeze in another little visit.

We got back in the car, which I forgot to say is brand spanking new and only had 154 miles on the clock. That is the car outside the villa above

Our next stop was Walmart and we arrived here about 8.50am, this was a really nice branch and it was really quiet and you could certainly notice we were not in Orlando, by the number of people and the lack of a British aisle, full of really over priced cadburys chocolate etc.
We wanted to buy some meat for the BBQ, which I found really difficult as I have never got things like that before and we were completely out of our depth. The amount of choice of each item was also ridiculous and it takes so long to choose because there is just too much choice!
We managed to spend just over $400 and got loads of fruit, meat including some lovely looking burgers and a massive side of salmon...this was $22 and all the usual staples.
We bundled it all in to the back of the car and headed home...it was certainly pool time!
By 11am we were out in the pool after picking our shopping off the driveway after falling out of the back of the car!

We spent until just after 3pm outside and we had a great time, swimming, jumping in, relaxing and enjoying the sunshine.

This is Grace in a mid action shot...she did so well today. She has only just learnt to swim without armbands and has always been apprehensive in the water but has made great progress during the summer holidays. I don't think she actually came out of the water for more than 15 minutes the whole time, she absolutely loved it and it was more than we could ever have hoped for.

We had to drag her out of the pool and by the time this photo was taken she was absolutely shattered. The men came inside to watch the Chelsea match at 3pm and I came in shortly after and had a shower so I could get Grace sorted and start the salad for dinner. Grace had some fish fingers that Daddy did for her in the middle there somewhere. It had been a hot day the high I noticed by the pool was 92 and there threatened storms which did not materialise.

Daddy took the BBQ out and cooked some salmon and some chicken that I had marinated, we had this with a salad and some garlic bread sticks. It was all really really nice.

Grace managed to stay up until 6.45pm, I thought she did really well to be honest and was absolutely out like a light. We are chilling now eating ice cream and watching crap American tv while I write this report.

I don't think it will be long before we had to bed and catch up on a little of this sleep business.
tomorrow we are going to the mall in Port Charlotte after a walk along a beach somewhere. I will try and get an index up tomorrow for the report too.

Thanks for reading along...see you tomorrow

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 16 Aug 16 12:37 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

ooooooo bit of an early rise, but a good day with lots of sun and fun in the pool.
Old 16 Aug 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was an early get up but a good day we enjoy Bob Evans breakfast

Joan
Old 16 Aug 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely day.bob Evans sounds fab
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
ooooooo bit of an early rise, but a good day with lots of sun and fun in the pool.
I know...so early! It does mean me see all the sun though
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That was an early get up but a good day we enjoy Bob Evans breakfast

Joan
Bob Evans was sooooo good Joan...might have to pay another visit
Old 17 Aug 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Lovely day.bob Evans sounds fab
Thanks..I can recommend it
Old 17 Aug 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A lovely relaxing day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a good first day. I love our first trip to walmart 😊