Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 11 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We enjoy fajitas in our house but not with spices. We use tortillas of course, with soured cream, grated cheddar cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes, lettuce, small pieces of cooked chicken, fried chopped onions and mixed peppers, and guacamole. We used to have salsa but DH doesn’t like it. The chicken can be marinated in Spanish beer. The meal is quite filling and very tasty.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Just found out one of the group doesn’t eat cheese! That’s the pizza and lasagne ideas out the window!
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
slow roasted lamb shoulder (minimal prep and 3-5 hrs in oven depending on which recipe. - so easy and very little work)

Serve with salad, garlic bread, gravy and mash or jackes potatoes
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

...or pasta with kingprawns in a cream sauce with garlic and parsley
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We’ve just had friends round and used our new Ooni 3 pizza oven. Pizzas cook in 60 seconds and it’s a fun alternative to a barbecue.

We made the dough in advance and everyone shaped their own and added their preferred toppings.
We ended up buying the Ooni - it was reduced to £164.50 at John Lewis! We used it for our dinner party, just got a steak and cooking tray for our fussy guest, and there were various side dishes. It went down an absolute storm!

We were asked to take it to another friend's house last weekend and to a BBQ yesterday. Most of the BBQ guests yesterday were completely indifferent and didn't want pizza, until it started coming out! We went through 2 huge Mason Cash bowls full of dough, and some of them are talking about buying their own Ooni.

The only down side - I would normally only eat pizza when we go out for Italian, which isn't that often, but I've now had pizza 4 times in just over a fortnight
Old 25 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
We ended up buying the Ooni - it was reduced to £164.50 at John Lewis! We used it for our dinner party, just got a steak and cooking tray for our fussy guest, and there were various side dishes. It went down an absolute storm!

We were asked to take it to another friend's house last weekend and to a BBQ yesterday. Most of the BBQ guests yesterday were completely indifferent and didn't want pizza, until it started coming out! We went through 2 huge Mason Cash bowls full of dough, and some of them are talking about buying their own Ooni.

The only down side - I would normally only eat pizza when we go out for Italian, which isn't that often, but I've now had pizza 4 times in just over a fortnight
So pleased you like it and it’s certainly the weather for using it. We’ve been having pizza every Saturday night but know it’ll stop once the weather turns. It’s so easy to make a batch of dough and freeze the leftover pieces in bags for the following weeks.

We ate pizza in Italy a few weeks ago and my hubby actually said that he preferred mine!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Whenever I have my friends over for dinner they always want the same thing -

Homemade Spaghetti and meatballs -- if you have veggies you can use the sauce for them without the meatballs, obviously not after the meatballs have been in it. Parmesan and garlic bread.

For desert salted caramel banoffee mess - this is so quick unless you make your own meringue. crushed meringue, chopped bananas, whipped cream, sainsburys salted caramel sauce - throw it all in a bowl and mix - add bananas just before serving. The salt in the caramel helps to cut through the sweetness

Alternatively a regular eton mess or I have a recipie for a chocolate sponge pudding that you can pre-make the day before, store in the fridge and then cook on the day. It has a rich chocolate sauce and I just serve that with cream. Its HUGE and VERY filling

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Tiggerbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Too late for this time but my DH doesn't eat cheese and just has pizza with extra tomato base and toppings instead . Also lasagne with just white sauce and no cheese put on his portion !
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List