Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

Post cruise park visit...too much?

We are coming off the Fantasy on 21st December 2019 at 0800hrs, we fly at 1825hrs from MCO. We have just seen that it’s possible to get a bus from port canaveral to one of the parks (say magic kingdom) and it looks free. It says you just present your Key to the World card to get in.
First of all am I reading this right? Secondly, are we mad trying to do this on the day we fly home with suitcases etc.
If we do nothing I feel it will be a waste of a day.
We will be doing the parks pre cruise for three days but just a thought, rather than sitting is an airport waiting out flight.
And I know, it’s Saturday 21st December and will possibly be rammed 😂🇬🇧
Any advice would be appreciated.
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pipster View Post
We are coming off the Fantasy on 21st December 2019 at 0800hrs, we fly at 1825hrs from MCO. We have just seen that it’s possible to get a bus from port canaveral to one of the parks (say magic kingdom) and it looks free. It says you just present your Key to the World card to get in.
First of all am I reading this right? Secondly, are we mad trying to do this on the day we fly home with suitcases etc.
If we do nothing I feel it will be a waste of a day.
We will be doing the parks pre cruise for three days but just a thought, rather than sitting is an airport waiting out flight.
And I know, it’s Saturday 21st December and will possibly be rammed 😂🇬🇧
Any advice would be appreciated.
So I think you might be mistaking the transport options. On selected cruises (the ones from New York) they do a day trip to the parks which has complimentary theme park transfers. Normal Port Canaveral cruises I don't believe offer these. The option would be a DCL transfer to a hotel for $35 per person and then do the park from the hotel.

As for whether its doable I guess depends on the alternatives. I think realistically the better option is probably renting a car and doing Disney that way but it all depends on what your circumstances are. I've decided against doing Disney on the day I fly home (flight is slightly earlier than yours) and just going to hang out at the airport. I'm going to get off the ship at my leisure (so around 9:30 hopefully) and then will have around 3 hours to waste before I can check in for flight and dump luggage. I looked at other options but as a solo non-driver everything was just very expensive and this seemed a better option.
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Like Sarah says, I'm afraid DCL don't give free transfers unless it's on a certain cruise (not the Fantasy).

Just to clarify though, DCL transfers are $39 per person, not $35 - extortionate!
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Just to clarify though, DCL transfers are $39 per person, not $35 - extortionate!
See clearly I haven't looked at how much I've paid! Definitely expensive
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
See clearly I haven't looked at how much I've paid! Definitely expensive
As a solo traveller, it's very much the most convenient way and an ok price, but for 2 people or more, it's defo cheaper to hire a car.

Not long to go now!
Old 6 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
As a solo traveller, it's very much the most convenient way and an ok price, but for 2 people or more, it's defo cheaper to hire a car.

Not long to go now!
Very very excited! I bet you are too!
Old 8 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to Kennedy Space Center when we came off a Royal Caribbean cruise, this was booked through them though, so our luggage came with us and we left it on the coach! We had to leave at 2pm, to get back to MCO for 3pm for our flight at 6:35pm so once you get to MK you might not have much time there really.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List