Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tori-ori-oria
Excited about Disney

Tori-ori-oria's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile 6 days in California en route to our dream honeymoon in Tokyo

Hi everyone!

Exactly that... we have 6 days in California (Fly into LA Wednesday, fly out Tuesday).

Our honeymoon was supposed to be to Tokyo but my amazing hubby found amazing flights via LA so we’ve a little stopover!

What would you recommend to do with those days? I’m planning to get a 5 day Disneyland Park Hopper ticket so we have the freedom to pop in and out what what are your other must dos?

Absolutely stoked that I get to visit Disneyland before TDR... I always wanted to see the original first and now he’s made it happen ❤️
1993 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...1997 - DLP Newport Bay...2001 - Orlando, Private Villa...2003 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...2008 - Orlando, Private Villa...2010 - Orlando, Private Villa...2014 - Orlando, Private Villa, Beach Club and RPR
Tori-ori-oria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Congratulations first of all.

Disney California is a 2 day park in size, and tickets aren't cheap, so having a 5 day ticket may be overkill. Anaheim is also not in the best of locations for other things in LA as it is 1-2 hours (depending on traffic) south east of central LA.

One thing from Anaheim that may be fitting a honeymoon would be to go over to Long Beach where the Queen Mary is moored. You can just tour, have a meal or even stay on board for a night.

Hollywood, Universal Studio's theme park, Warner Bros Studio Tour, Griffith Observatory (and park), Brea Tar pits are all examples of what there is to do in more north / central LA. But as I say, a good hour away from Disney even on a Sunday, closer to 2 in the week.

On the coastal side you Malibu in the north, then going down through Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Marina Del Rey through Huntingdon and Redondo. So plenty to choose from there all offering different experiences.

As you are there at that part of the week, maybe look at what shows are filming and see if you can get a ticket to that if its of interest.

Give people some ideas of what your interests are and you will be filled with ideas to last you a month to pick from.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll agree 5 days is overkill and if you’re popping in and out of Disney you have to stay in Anaheim which is not near Los Angeles really, or even in the same county. You could pair Anaheim with the beaches of Orange County and forget Los Angeles altogether or you could cut down on park time and spend a few days exploring the city. We eloped to LA and we spent our “honeymoon” in the city. We had a celebration meal at the Polo Lounge, spent a day in a poolside cabana, visited museums - the Broad and the Getty, watched sunset at Griffith Observatory, hiked Runyon Canyon, went to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel, spent a day driving up to Malibu and having lunch at Dukes and a stroll on the beach, did an architecture walking tour of DTLA followed by an afternoon in Olivera Street and a performance at the Walt Disney concert hall.

So it depends on your interests but maybe some ideas there of what the city has to offer. We didn’t get around to any of the theme parks that time but we are big city people and love our city breaks so we didn’t miss them.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

It depends what you like to do we are big theme park people and on previous trips happily spend 4 days at the Disney parks taking things at a leisurely speed and doing lots of rerides etc. However if only there for a limited time like yourself I would prob get a 2-3 day Disney ticket and spend a day maybe doing other things, if into theme parks Knotts berry farm is a good day and not far from Disney, universal studios is also worth a visit for the day. Plus could spend a day exploring some areas around LA.

Edited at 10:35 AM.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I agree it totally depends on your interests, we are big theme park fans so could easily spend 4 days at DLR, but would spend a couple days doing other things outside the parks too. With 5 days I think 3 days at Disney and 2 days seeing some of the sights in the LA area such as Hollywood and some of the beaches would be perfect. Of course, depends on what appeals to you though!