Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 13 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy72
New Poster (3)

Mobile Popped my knee :(

Popped my knee so dreading walking and queueing! Flights also a worry - any hints/tips? TIA
Tracy72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Excited about Disney

Oh no feel for you, not much advice but take it easy, rest when you can & get your feet up RICE maybe
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
San Fran Orlando Miami
Unread 13 Aug 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Very Serious Dibber

I am unsure where you are staying or when you are going, But last year I was quite unwell after having an heart attack and having surgery.

I was recommended Yellow scooters from another DIBB member, I booked it for Two weeks, I think I paid about 179 I cant quite remember, They deliver and collect from where you are staying, If you are hiring a car the scooters also fitted into the car.

This was a godsend to me, It made for what would of been a very hard holiday, Into a lovely relaxed easy to enjoy holiday.

I am so glad I booked it.
Unread 13 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have you tried a support bandage. Can get in boots amazon etc, but my mum got me a great one in walmart. I used it for getting thru the airport and at the parks. Maybe a folding walking stick if you think you need it. Can buy stronger anti inflammatory and pain killers over the counter there too eg naproxen. Try to build in a bit of rest every few day's and hopefully you will manage better than you fear. Hope it goes OK for you.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wandmaker
Trying for More Ears

I had ACL replacement surgery last year but still find my knee swells after lots of walking or standing. Get yourself some anti-inflammatories, and a knee support. In the evenings if you can keep your leg elevated as much as you can and apply ice to reduce swelling. Other than that you just need to listen to your body. if you are in pain, slow down and rest.
Wandmaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
You're a wizard Harry
Unread 13 Aug 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rso123
Excited about Disney

rso123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

I had an acl replacement 4 months ago and am still wearing a huge post op brace. I leave in just under 2 weeks and Im also worried how I will manage as Im not really one for taking things slow and this is a solo trip.
Do you know what youve actually done? A visit to a physio might be a good idea if you havent been. A brace or kinesiology tape could also help and lots of breaks to elevate and ice.
rso123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My WDW Holiday.
Unread 13 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy72
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Originally Posted by rso123 View Post
I had an acl replacement 4 months ago and am still wearing a huge post op brace. I leave in just under 2 weeks and Im also worried how I will manage as Im not really one for taking things slow and this is a solo trip.
Do you know what youve actually done? A visit to a physio might be a good idea if you

havent been. A brace or kinesiology tape could also help and lots of breaks to elevate and ice.
I travel in 5 weeks and Ive torn my cartilage both sides of knee! Told by hospital no physio needed just need to build up muscles around knee was hoping I could request a DAS as I cant stand in same position (queues) for hours!
Tracy72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Getting Excited

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tracy72 View Post
I travel in 5 weeks and Ive torn my cartilage both sides of knee! Told by hospital no physio needed just need to build up muscles around knee was hoping I could request a DAS as I cant stand in same position (queues) for hours!
I have done this before too... I couldn't walk at all for about 2 weeks, after that it got better very slowly, I had a knee brace for 4 weeks and at the end of that I was still really limping. I think it lasted about 5/6 weeks and then slowly it got better. Try doing gentle exercise like standing on one leg at a time and moving up and down , there are a few things like this to try... only really after 4 weeks though!
Hopefully you will be ok - as long as you take it easy and then slowly start to re-build the muscle hopefully you will be ok on your holiday!
Attraction Tickets Direct