Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Aug 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
philo2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dummydaydream View Post
Is it really possible to get that price direct from Manchester in early school summer holidays? Virgin and TC seem to be closer to 4K when I’ve been looking.
We haven’t seen direct from Manchester for those prices for 20 years in the school holidays. The past 3 times our cheapest options have been BA. Man, Heathrow to Miami on a fly drive and they have been coming out at the £650 each range. There are BA flights showing now quite cheap but they don’t have our return dates yet. You have to play around with dates but the fly drives are usually good prices between now and the beginning of September.
philo2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Is it really possible to get that price direct from Manchester in early school summer holidays? Virgin and TC seem to be closer to 4K when I’ve been looking.
You are loooking to early for next summer don’t even think about booking until Christmas
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You are loooking to early for next summer don’t even think about booking until Christmas
When I compared the BA sale last September and the Christmas one, flights were cheaper in September.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
When I compared the BA sale last September and the Christmas one, flights were cheaper in September.
Wasn’t for me. I was checking religiously. They dropped hugely on Boxing Day
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Wasn’t for me. I was checking religiously. They dropped hugely on Boxing Day
Guess, I best practice being patient! 😂
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

It also depends where you are flying to.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The current prices are there for those that are desperate to rebook for next summer. £2,500 direct from Manchester is just about doable with some flexibility certainly with TC. Indirect, I would be aiming below £2k for a family of 4
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Our dates are 26 or 27 August from Gla LGW and then LGW to TPA. Returning around 10 September. A good few weeks till I can price acurately but I've been monitoring BA fly drive prices for early July. Last week the fly drive with a class S car was £2505 for 4 adults - would have loved this price for our dates. This week exactly the same route and car hire is £2823. Hope this is an increase prior to them putting their sale on!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Our dates are 26 or 27 August from Gla LGW and then LGW to TPA. Returning around 10 September. A good few weeks till I can price acurately but I've been monitoring BA fly drive prices for early July. Last week the fly drive with a class S car was £2505 for 4 adults - would have loved this price for our dates. This week exactly the same route and car hire is £2823. Hope this is an increase prior to them putting their sale on!
You are looking at prices for the peak school holidays at the minute, you will have no trouble getting sub £500pp for your dates as your return date is in term time. In fact I would say you should be able to get £2000 for the 4 of you as a fly drive. Your best bet is waiting until the Xmas sales as your return date won’t be out in time for the September sale if past sale dates are anything to go by

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I didn’t go last year as could not get the flights for a price I was happy with.

Year before 3 weeks direct to Miami with seat res lugguage nad Ford Edge for three weeks £1290 2A 1C
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List