Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to read about your husband. I can only imagine how devastated you feel. When my husband had a stroke it was important for us to talk as much as possible about his treatment and future plans. I hope you are letting family and friends help you both thru this. It does help. Sending buckets of pixie dust and big hugs to you both.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando21
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
I’m so sorry to hear your news. We cancelled our silver wedding anniversary trip for December when we got Isabel’s diagnosis last month and I know how heartbreaking it must be. I remember thinking I was glad I didn’t know on my wedding day what we’d be facing on our silver wedding anniversary. It’s the suddenness that your life changes isn’t it? Looking at photos just a month or 2 ago and thinking how precious the time is. Sending you love. I have found much solace in the comfort from Dibbers - although strangers, it’s so nice to read kind comments, positive stories and in the dark hours of the night, when sleep just brings bad dreams, it’s nice to read them through. Xxx
I’ve followed and read all your other posts over the last couple of months and my heart goes out to you!. You have such inner strength that you don’t know you’ve got until something like this happens.
Your life can change in an instant but you never really expect it to happen to you. All my love to you, your family and Isabel x
Orlando21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando21
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you to each and everyone one of you who has taken the time to reply. Even though I don’t know any of you it helps me immensely to know there are lovely caring people on this forum, which I have been a part of since 2003.

We have been to Florida many times and although we may not be going to our happy place for a long time, it’s a goal for the future. I’m determined we will be back one day. I’ll keep you updated on his progress ♥️
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

So very sorry to read this Orlando. It is a cruel world. I have just been through this with my mum, she was diagnosed in June completely out of the blue. I hope your husband has his chemo soon and sending strength to you all during this time. If you have any questions at all or just want to chat to someone who had the same experience please message me anytime. I never knew much about AML until my mum was diagnosed but found out lots about it. Thinking of you.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a friend who was diagnosed with AML whilst on holiday in Australia last year to celebrate his 50th birthday.

After several rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant, he is now leukaemia free and building up his strength and immunity so he can get back to normal life.

There have obviously been huge ups and downs but he is out the other side, think his relative youth was on his side.

Wishing your husband and all the family all the luck in the world,

Xx
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

So very sorry to hear about your husband diagnosis, take care xx
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way xx
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear about your husband & wishing you all strength to get through it.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando21
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
I have a friend who was diagnosed with AML whilst on holiday in Australia last year to celebrate his 50th birthday.

After several rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant, he is now leukaemia free and building up his strength and immunity so he can get back to normal life.

There have obviously been huge ups and downs but he is out the other side, think his relative youth was on his side.

Wishing your husband and all the family all the luck in the world,

Xx

Thank you for this positive story!. I am taking great comfort from these type of posts. DH is 54, very fit and healthy so hopefully his body can cope with the gruelling chemo which will start this week x
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear your news. I hope the chemo goes well x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List