Riverside 35 36.84%
French Quarter 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jul 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

POR or POFQ?

Well we're booked to stay at Riverside next October but I'm still undecided if we should stay at FQ. Much prefer the Alligator Bayou section in RS but there's no guarantee we will get that area and we may also be miles away from the dining hall. The buses could also be a pain with all the stops. Prefer the look of the Ol' Man Island pool but FQ has a great splash pad for DD. I know FQ and Alligator Bayou have been refurbished and MB is next but only just started as far as I'm aware.

Has anyone stayed at both resorts? What would you choose and why?

Edited at 11:42 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I will be interested to see what people's thoughts are on this. We have booked POFQ for next year and really looking forward too it. We've not been to either, so hopefully those who have can recommend. Trip advisor edges FQ at 4.5 out of 5, where as RS gets 4 out of 5. But Dibbers seem to like both equally... And after all they are the experts! Lol.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

pofq is beautiful and stayed there quite a few times and love it, as dibbers say it is small and quaint which is what we like, we have also strolled up to riverside, about a five minute walk for meals which are lovely, but it is just a bit too big for us so I would always choose pofq

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I have voted for PORFQ due to my experience at POR this April .

See Thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1087860

We walked over to PORFQ and really liked it there as it was much smaller and quieter.

If we get to go again I would book PORFQ in the hope that it is too small for the large numbers of tour groups that we had at POR to be housed there.

Without the groups and once some much needed refurbishment is done and completed POR would be a nice resort as very beautiful.

But in view of bad experience and the fact that it is a very large resort and we are getting older it would not be for us again.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

I was in the same position for our very first Florida and Walt Disney world holiday in 2015. I knew that I wanted to stay onsite and searched the dibb. I settled on pofq and our family absolutely loved it ! We went back in 2017 and again we loved it. I went to book for next year and thought we'd look at a different moderate resort. I ended up booking pofq because we just thought why change what we love. The other hotels don't have the things we love about pofq so going back a third time. Don't stress about the decision as both are lovely and youbwill love both I'm sure, but we prefer the smaller vibe , the restaurant is fine and you can always pop up to por if you need a change. Ultimately I like the fact that we don't have far to go to get our final drinks at night from the restaurant- everything is close , as in the rooms to the pool etc - por just too big for me

Edited at 05:47 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I voted for POR. I stayed there a few years ago and loved it. I loved the theming and layout, the pool. Everything.

I didn’t get that same feeling with POFQ - although we didn’t stay there, we just visited. I didn’t like the look of the pool or the feel of the resort.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with either.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Whilst we loved FQ - Riverside just edges it for us
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I love FQ, staying there twice next year! I haven't stayed at POR but did walk over to have a look around and use the food court. It's just personal taste really as to what appeals most to you as they are both lovely resorts.

What i love about FQ is the size, only 1 bus stop, the theming, the food and just the general atmosphere.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

We prefer Riverside because of the quiet pools and the dining we did stroll to French Quarter when we were there last but it just didn't 'do' anything for us and never stayed at any other resort. Each to there own as they say and lets face it anywhere in Walt Disney World is good
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dizzny Momma View Post
We prefer Riverside because of the quiet pools and the dining we did stroll to French Quarter when we were there last but it just didn't 'do' anything for us and never stayed at any other resort. Each to there own as they say and lets face it anywhere in Walt Disney World is good
Margaret
Can’t argue with that 😊