Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great report x
Thank you - Glad you enjoyed again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I’m back on track now

Can’t believe the people you encountered today glad to hear the CM’s were on the ball.

A good day otherwise

Joan
Good to know you are back on track

Great comment about CM's - it is those jobs that they do, that you often miss, that make it better for the majority who visit the parks.
In the past I possibly would have missed these things as you get into the Disney bubble, I think I have become more nosey and more aware of when strange things are happening than in the past.

I just hope it does not read as though I'm moaning about other people all the time.

Glad you enjoyed our day once again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My last day here today. Loved Flight of Passage and did it twice with Fastpasses, also enjoyed the aNavi river ride. Pandora was a good reason for me to do this trip and it didn’t disappoint. I laughed at your description of groups trying to blag their way into the Park and rides and I saw quite a few of the Fastpass would be queue jumpers too. I noticed there are two places to scan your band/passes in each of the ride sections here, presumably to stop people dodging into the fastpass line part way along. There were a few trying that the other day at the point where you are allocated to levels and they were sent back to rejoin a standby line. I hope they had to go back to the start of a 2 hour line.
The separation between standby and FP quese is huge and I have to admit if anyone has only done the FP line, the whole theming of the standby queue is well worth seeing.
Flight of Passage is unmissable and it is always sad when it is your last day too.
Hope you had a great holiday and thank you for reading

Old 27 Mar 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Ignoring all the rude people, another great day at AK followed by a great villa afternoon/evening.

Can’t wait for day 14 and the rest 😁

Sivako my friends
I always ignore rude people usually, but the sheer audacity of some continues to shock me!

Day 14 coming sooner than you think and probably the rest at this rate

Sivako

Old 28 Mar 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Glad you had a good day despite the rude people in AK. Glad they got sent to the standby line!

Mind you, listening to podcasts about the early days of Disneyland, things weren't all rosy then either. Drunk people, protestors, stripping hippies - they had all sorts!
Now that does sound interesting

It is the CM's I feel most sorry for, they seem to take the brunt of abuse which is underserved due to the lack of manners and understanding of others. Might come across as a moan about other people but I am in awe at their ability to turn people around. ( OK except the CM at Epcot in upcoming day )

Thanks for reading - off to find those podcasts of drunken Disney days

Old 30 Mar 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great pictures 👍
Thanks you- glad you enjoyed

Old 30 Mar 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm aghast at the idea there are people who think it's a good idea to turn up to a park they don't have tickets for in the hope of blagging their way in. I could not do that to my kids. Do you think they told them they didn't have tickets , "Right, today we're going to AK, we don't have tickets, but we're going to pretend we do, then when they tell us we can't get in you start crying and I'll shout at them and we'll be fine" I just can't believe they had no clue they didn't have tickets, of course they were on a blag. Ooh I'm all cross now!

The rest of the day was lovely and of course the stupid no ticket and no fast pass people didn't affect your enjoyment of a lovely day. Sounds like you had a fun afternoon too with all the volleyball action going on and a curry.

Plus I clicked on the link to all the previous trip reports, so lovely to see all the photos over the years. There are too many to choose a proper favourite but I did like the one of just the 4 of you on Tower of Terror.

Glad you found all the old trip reports - that photo on Tower of Terror is such a brilliant memory and one of my favourites of all time.
The old photos show just how quickly time has passed and it also shows how much the boys have grown

As stated in a reply above the work that the CM's do hopefully goes unrecognised by everyone - when faced with people who either have a huge brassneck or possibly just trying to blag it and see if they can get in and then make the rules and regs even worse for everyone else who go by the rule book.

Apologies for making you cross never a good thing in a trip report! It does however show that if you abide by the rules you get a bit narked when others don't have the same values.

Great to read the start of your DLP trip too

Old 30 Apr 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a great start to the day nabbing that parking spot.

I cannot believe the family trying to get into the park with Universal tickets, but I suppose it probably happens all the time! There must be so many people who don’t research tickets properly; our first trip was with OH’s family and his mum was adamant we didn’t need to buy tickets in the UK before we left and we would just get them from the concierge at the hotel. Thank God I managed to make her see sense or we would have either had a very boring or very pricey holiday.

The prices at the games in Dinoland are ridiculous, for those prices the prizes should be authentic merchandise and not just silly old tat. Or alternately, kids play for free and win the rubbish prizes. I am a big fan of Dinosaur but would welcome the rest of the land being replaced.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a great start to the day nabbing that parking spot.

I cannot believe the family trying to get into the park with Universal tickets, but I suppose it probably happens all the time! There must be so many people who don’t research tickets properly; our first trip was with OH’s family and his mum was adamant we didn’t need to buy tickets in the UK before we left and we would just get them from the concierge at the hotel. Thank God I managed to make her see sense or we would have either had a very boring or very pricey holiday.

The prices at the games in Dinoland are ridiculous, for those prices the prizes should be authentic merchandise and not just silly old tat. Or alternately, kids play for free and win the rubbish prizes. I am a big fan of Dinosaur but would welcome the rest of the land being replaced.

Thanks Colette,

I have to admit, that parking space was payback for previous AK visits, when we had been closer to the 192 than Ak entrance
Had to laugh at your Tix story - amazing how Mum's seem to know best and end up costing you! We had something very similar on our very first visit to WDW in 2012
Lesson learned and when we picked my Mum up from the airport in 2008 she really did think they had saved over an hour and a bit on the journey by building a new one
Best advice - sort it yourself!

Once again we see totally from the same hymn sheet regarding Disney attractions, Dinosaur is a great ride but in a place that needs so much work in improving the whole experience.

Appreciate your continued reading as always

Old 12 May 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

It always makes me sad to hear of rude people in Disney! I think if I heard a CM being abused I would have to say something, much to my husband’s embarrassment Like yo say Karma has a habit of biting you on the bottom!

I’m definitely going to ask for upper deck on FoP this year Hot Dibb tip

Some lovely photo’s of you today