Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jesuslovesyou
Getting Excited

Mobile Is it worth booking with an American TA with a UK only Disney cruise?

We are in the early thought process of a DC but would potentially just to Dover/Dover so would an American TA be worth looking at?

If not where would be the best place to book? Would want to book with a deposit going 2020 or early 2021.

Thanks.
jesuslovesyou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So America TA's can still book a UK Disney cruise and will offer incentives for booking such as onboard credit or gifts. UK TA's will rarely offer anything. However there are only 1 or 2 UK only Disney cruises each year and 2021 hasn't been released yet. If not booking through an American TA I'd book direct. Most UK agents know very little about Disney cruises and therefore wont be any help so no point booking through them. Price will be the same and as said very rarely do they offer an incentive
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jesuslovesyou
Getting Excited

Which American TA should I look at?
jesuslovesyou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jesuslovesyou View Post
Which American TA should I look at?
So I have used Dreams Unlimited and Jess Hayes at InTouch Vacations and at Pixie Travel before that. All have been very good but as I've been using Jess so long now she knows my preferences well. I know a lot of people on here also use Travel on a Dream.
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
A lot of Dibbers use Deb at Travel on a Dream (tell her you're from the Dibb, she knows it well)!

Bear in mind that booking with a US TA means you pay in $$$ so you are at the mercy of the exchange rate. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't and sometimes it doesn't make any difference.

Booking with a US TA or direct means that you can amend anything with no charge basically, even cancelling the cruise up to a certain point and receive a full refund.
US TAs don't take your money either, they will take your card details and make payments direct to DCL as and when you ask them to. They hold no money of yours (at least ToaD don't).

Enjoy
Joa