Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jul 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We had to do it because when DH (then my boyfriend) took me to NYC for my 21st, he suggested having breakfast at Tiffany’s having never seen the film and was gutted to find out there wasn’t actually a restaurant. It became our running joke. So better late than never when my 40th came around!

I’ve uploaded a few pics from our breakfast. We also had fizz alongside it and I think the flavour of the celebration cake changes regularly.

I also obviously have pics of our Gramercy Tavern meal if of interest! DH also liked it as he didn’t have to wear a suit.

Thanks for the pictures, it looks lovely and I love the cake. It looks like it books a month in advance so I will diarise it I think.

I would be interested to see Gramercy Tavern photos too, thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thanks for the pictures, it looks lovely and I love the cake. It looks like it books a month in advance so I will diarise it I think.

I would be interested to see Gramercy Tavern photos too, thanks.
They book through Resy (or at least they did) so I’d recommend setting up an account in advance - I found the website (via the Tiffany site) easier than the app. You have to be online for the time you want going live (I think at 9am NY time) to grab them.i even did a test run the day before

Will upload the GT photos next!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

The first pic is our menu and I’ve uploaded the courses in order, plus the bonus cake for my birthday. We did the wine pairing too. It was the best meal I ate in 2018, and I ate a lot of good meals.

The next course we forgot to photograph (the wine had obviously kicked in!) so stole a pic from the web. 😳

Tomato based palate cleanser!

Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

How about a dinner dance cruise with live music
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

When we were in NY we did Sunday brunch at the rotating restaurant at The View. The food was lovely and the staff were fabulous but it may not be as special as you had in mind. I love a good Sunday brunch and it was up there with one of the best. The views were amazing across NY. I loved it and would do it again. They also do cocktails of an evening so perhaps an nightcap after a wonderful dinner elsewhere would be good too.

theviewnyc/restaurant/
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Couple of other possible options:

Cocktails at Top of the Standard, in the Standard Hotel on the High Line (Meatpacking District)

standardhotels/new-yo...f-the-standard

Another fine dining option could be The Modern, located at MoMA on W 53rd. Very good food, it did have 2 Michelin stars, not sure if it still does.

Edited at 09:45 AM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
The first pic is our menu and I’ve uploaded the courses in order, plus the bonus cake for my birthday. We did the wine pairing too. It was the best meal I ate in 2018, and I ate a lot of good meals.

The next course we forgot to photograph (the wine had obviously kicked in!) so stole a pic from the web. 😳

Tomato based palate cleanser!

Looks yum. I really like that menu, three seafood / fish courses would really suit me.
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
How about a dinner dance cruise with live music
That would be a bit different!

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
When we were in NY we did Sunday brunch at the rotating restaurant at The View. The food was lovely and the staff were fabulous but it may not be as special as you had in mind. I love a good Sunday brunch and it was up there with one of the best. The views were amazing across NY. I loved it and would do it again. They also do cocktails of an evening so perhaps an nightcap after a wonderful dinner elsewhere would be good too.

theviewnyc/restaurant/
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Couple of other possible options:

Cocktails at Top of the Standard, in the Standard Hotel on the High Line (Meatpacking District)

standardhotels/new-yo...f-the-standard

Another fine dining option could be The Modern, located at MoMA on W 53rd. Very good food, it did have 2 Michelin stars, not sure if it still does.
Thanks for the suggestions, all much appreciated.
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was going to suggest the View too but although it was lovely it wouldn’t be as special as Breakfast at Tiffany’s I would imagine!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We ate at upstairs at 21, however it's only open Friday and Saturday. Everything about it was just amazing, the food, the setting (about 6 or so tables) the staff- literally just 2 staff who were just so knowledgeable about the food and were very attentive. Would love to return to NY and am following this thread with interest. All the options suggested sound amazing!
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List