Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Aug 19, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just for some good fun check out Top Golf just off Int Drive. It is a state of the art driving range. My hubbie is kean golfer but we went as a family and everyone enjoyed it!
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUKinOrlando View Post
You can do 'Stay and Play' at Bay Hill. We have 'summer special' prices. I'd give you a tour and a shop discount but it looks like we'll be in England while you are here.
Gutted by that Mark

If it had been reasonable would have loved for my son and I to do that

We are both there 11/9 to 25/9

I am there a week earlier

Maybe next time
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi have a look at champions gate , we really enjoyed the international course. Our favourite place is grand cypress 3 great nines and a haven only 5 mins from Disney. They will be starting to do extensive building works on new villas hotel etc next year but courses are great. We have also stayed at bayhill and played of championship tees, not easy but very enjoyable .
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
valegroovers
slightly serious Dibber

We are staying at SD now and our pool backs on to Green 5, it looks meticulous and see the cutting and tending everyday. There’s golfers every day. Driving through SD all other greens look tip top.
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

There are rumours that Ridge Wood lakes is up for sale
DH says to look around the Winter Haven Lake Wales area or around Clearmont a straight run up the 27 but is informed by our friends who live on The Dunes the untypical weather is having an impact on all the courses
Such a shame you can’t take up Marks offer DH loves his stint marshalling at The Arnold Palmer always the best 4 days of our spring trip
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

I've stayed at Southern Dunes every year since 2012, its a fantastic golf course. I generally play every other day during our trips.

I've recently been communicating with Kevin Woodward, the General Manager, regarding tee times for our upcoming trip (10th August - 29th August)

They are currently aerating the greens, starting yesterday, so they wont be in particularly good shape at the moment, however this is reflected in a sizeable reduction in green fees ($30 as opposed to $55 ish)

However, the greens are expected to be in tip top condition again by the time we arrive, I have a tee time booked for the morning after we arrive.

If the course is not up to scratch I'll just play some of the many other wonderful courses in the area, such as Orange County National, Championsgate, Las Colinas, Celebration (although check if they are treating the greens before you book), Ritz Carlton, with the possibility of a trip down to Streamsong (about a 40 minute drive, never played there but according to reviews its a cut above any of the others)

Will also be playing at Reunion as a mate of mine is staying there at the same time we are there, he has paying priviledges and can sign me in as a guest. Played there a couple of years ago when the greens at Southern Dunes were being rebuilt and had reciprocal arrangements with a few local courses, all 3 Reuinion courses are awesome.

Avoid at all costs - Highlands Reserve, Ridgewood Lakes, Providence. Mystic Dunes, Kissimmee Bay, anything else thats less than $30 to play

Edited at 12:06 AM.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH view on Mystic Dunes ( not sure if this is a recognised golfing term it’s a coo park now ) y s green work started yeses day t the Dunes Our friends confirm
Chinch bugs and some other grassroots issue is playing havoc with golf courses and lawns apparently including my lawn up the side of the villa more money when the HOA insist we replace it grr
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOR1 View Post
Gutted by that Mark

We are both there 11/9 to 25/9

I am there a week earlier
I'm back on the 10th September, I was going by your countdown. I can ask for the stay and play price for you. Let me know.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Played all 3 courses at Disney recently (May) and whilst a little pricier than some they were enjoyable & in good condition.

They do a few early/late tee times deals also which helps if your not looking to play in the middle of the day.
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi have a look at champions gate , we really enjoyed the international course. Our favourite place is grand cypress 3 great nines and a haven only 5 mins from Disney. They will be starting to do extensive building works on new villas hotel etc next year but courses are great. We have also stayed at bayhill and played of championship tees, not easy but very enjoyable .
Many thanks for this

It is strange how different people enjoy some courses better than others, I will definitely try and get a game round Grand Cypress but I was pretty disappointed by the Championsgate courses, maybe because I had expected a lot from them.

I actually thought the Championsgate CC course was a better course in better condition if a bit sprawling
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List