Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Aug 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nellie75
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We have never cruised before and are off on Thursday for our first one. We sail on P&O Oceana for a week around the Med. We cannot wait! Excited doesn't come close!
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nellie75 View Post
We have never cruised before and are off on Thursday for our first one. We sail on P&O Oceana for a week around the Med. We cannot wait! Excited doesn't come close!
Ooohh fantastic, have a great time and let us know what you think of it x
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Just driving home from the airport after a 2 week cruise with DH, DD and DS. DH had very set ideas in his head about what a cruise was all about (all pomp and ceremony in his head, along the lines of what you see in the old films) and he just wasn't interested at all. Me and the kids had done a couple with my mum and loved it. He finally gave in and we did a week last year followed by 2 weeks this year. Whilst he's not chomping at the bit to go back he does now enjoy cruising and I know it will be on the cards again in the future.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Just driving home from the airport after a 2 week cruise with DH, DD and DS. DH had very set ideas in his head about what a cruise was all about (all pomp and ceremony in his head, along the lines of what you see in the old films) and he just wasn't interested at all. Me and the kids had done a couple with my mum and loved it. He finally gave in and we did a week last year followed by 2 weeks this year. Whilst he's not chomping at the bit to go back he does now enjoy cruising and I know it will be on the cards again in the future.
Glad he enjoyed it, there's hope for DH then
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We love cruising, not long back from a 2 week med cruise with Celebrity. Previously only ever cruised with royal. Booked onboard for next year as got a cracking deal on Baltic cruise. Then off on new p an o ship Iona with mum for Christmas markets cruise next December. You will become addicted lol
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We love cruising, not long back from a 2 week med cruise with Celebrity. Previously only ever cruised with royal. Booked onboard for next year as got a cracking deal on Baltic cruise. Then off on new p an o ship Iona with mum for Christmas markets cruise next December. You will become addicted lol
Ha ha, my mum certainly hopes we get addicted to it as then we can all go together on a longer cruise. DH is slowly coming round to the idea, finally, it's just the long drive down to Southampton just for 2 nights (he has restless legs syndrome and arthritis so he does struggle with long journeys so I take his point. We'll see how we go
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

At least with a drive he can stop where he likes (within reason) I'd think that'd be better than a flight , but I suppose it depends how much he likes driving.
I used to love the boat train down to the cruise ship at Southampton docks as a kid but I don't suppose they do that anymore.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
At least with a drive he can stop where he likes (within reason) I'd think that'd be better than a flight , but I suppose it depends how much he likes driving.
I used to love the boat train down to the cruise ship at Southampton docks as a kid but I don't suppose they do that anymore.
I mentioned the train to my mum but as she is a doom monger she refused that in case the train was late or was cancelled. So it looks like I am driving down, which I don't really mind and at least we can have a stop at the services for DH to stretch his legs x
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I strongly suggest that you travel to Southampton the day before your cruise. We should have done that for our May half term cruise last year. But we left it until the day. At about 12:30pm the car had a problem with the brakes and we had to call the AA, who brought the car home to a nominated garage. We were very lucky that there was a taxi in the car park where we were waiting for the AA. The taxi just got us there fifteen minutes before sail away. A bit scary. We won’t be doing that again. DH was a nervous wreck!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I strongly suggest that you travel to Southampton the day before your cruise. We should have done that for our May half term cruise last year. But we left it until the day. At about 12:30pm the car had a problem with the brakes and we had to call the AA, who brought the car home to a nominated garage. We were very lucky that there was a taxi in the car park where we were waiting for the AA. The taxi just got us there fifteen minutes before sail away. A bit scary. We won’t be doing that again. DH was a nervous wreck!
Oh no, that sounds a nightmare. Hmmm might be a nice idea anyway to break up the travelling abit as well as extending our little holiday. Might have a look for possibilities and speak to my mum tomorrow. Thanks x